Used 2002 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Great Car
By rsxtypesi4

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Amazing Vehicle. When buying a type-s the only thing lacking is comfortability but anyone buying a performance oriented vehicle should know the suspension is stiff. Amazing Car.

Great
By TimO

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After researching similar cars in this class, I decided to go with the Acura RSX. The design is sporty and yet conservative and elegant. The automatic transmission is reponsive and gives shifts with necessary power when climbing steep hills. The sports shift mode is great, if you want to drive the engine and override the manual transmission. The sound system is clear and crisp (it doesn't have that distorted mid range bass that some cars have or ear piercing highs). So far I've gotten excellent gas mileage though i'm still breaking the car in so I haven't hit VTEC yet. Overall a good investment.

Favorite Features

Lots of standard features such as automatic climate control, Sport Shift mode, ABS breaks, moon roof, and keyless entry. Comfy leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Still the RSX beats its competition with standard features but would be nice to have: Xeon HID, 17" wheels, DVD Navigation system. I hear the Japanese version has these options but my guess is Acura wanted to open up to the custom after market.

Heidi
By Heidi Ignacio

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my RSX-S for a week now - my previous car was an Acura Integra GSX. I think the RSX was made to perfection and lives up to the Acura name for dependability, accuracy and reliabity. The overall handling is stable and so percise. I was happy with my '99 Integra, but felt it needed perfecting - since it drove and sounded like a sports car. Now my RSX-S not only gives me a quiet ride, it is also smoother and more comfortable. My compliments to the engineer for developing a magnificent vechicle!

Favorite Features

Wider tires that allow a smoother ride, 6-CD player w/7 speakers, the seats contour my body that feels like a perfect glove fit.

Suggested Improvements

A shiner coat of paint and an outside temperature gauge reading.

What a deal
By MSC8

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

WOW! I have had my Type-S now for several months and am still loving every minute behind the wheel. The 200HP is really quick, quick enough to give a S2000 a run for the money this morning on the drive into work. The Arctic Blue is very unique, having seen only one other Arctic Blue in the over 100 miles I drive to work each day. Also, I get 30 mpg in this car which I find amazing. I am not easy on the gas at all either. I upgraded from a 99 Civic Si (electron blue) and this car is much more put together. I do think the Si color is slightly better, but the Arctic Blue is sweet. Despite a few gripes, this car is a steal for the money!

Favorite Features

Seats and steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Tilt feature on sunroof rather than one button, auto-up and down on both windows, improved speakers and better tires.

Nice Car!
By SpyderMan27

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I think the RSX Type-S is a nice ride and looks sweet on the road!! Great purchase!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING is great!

Suggested Improvements

Altezza lights should be standard on it, maybe an upgrade to a V-6 with an extra 50hp...17" or 18" wheels...Needs a nice wing to be standard on it too!! Also fog lams standard...Just my opinion