2002 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (211 reviews )
gotta love I-VTEC!!!
By skywalker on 03/16/05 19:19 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Always heard about vtec but never experienced it. What a motor!!! Gives you great acceleration with good fuel economy, 31 on long trips. There's even some room in the back seat, unlike the Integras! The only thing I wish would have carried over was the double wish-bone suspension, other than that, love the design. With only intake and exhaust I beat nicely modded DC2s (Integras) even some type-Rs. There's a lot to choose from when it comes to aftermarket stuff, so the set ups for this car are almost endless. Just beware of the insurance, it's a bit high!

awsome driving!!
By Ron on 01/02/05 02:54 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car used in March, 2004. They hold there value well, but there seems to be alot out there. What I like about the RSX-Type S is that you don't seem them everywhere. They seem to be unique.

RSX S
By sgRSX-S on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Ive had the car for 16 months and it is everything that the reviews said and more! I am especially thrilled with the quality of the interior. The BOSE sound system is the best Ive heard for a stock stereo. A little road noise but what a great ride. I will soon be buying a 350 Z but will miss my RSX-S as I will likely sacrifice interior styling and sound system quality for pure speed. I considered the Hyundai Tiburon but after three test drives of each I made the decision to go with the RSX-S based on the interior and resale value (and the ACURA name). Also I just couldnt see myself in a "Hyundai." After owning the car for over a year I cant believe I

Nice car, needs some improvement
By chrisnick on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i love my RSX. its a great car. i used to drive from toledo to detroit everyday, so my RSX now has almost 78000 miles. it runs perfect, and have only had to do minor maintence, except for some transmission wear issues. when the original air filter was dirty, i replaced it with an Injen Short Ram air intake system which really helped the car out. it sounds excellent, but city mileage has decreased slightly. the car is plenty quick at the top end, but low-end torque is lacking. more displacement would be great, as well as a screw- type supercharger. i also have energy suspension motor mount inserts that really helped the wheel hop problem.

Dazzled, amazed, and absolutely giddy!
By Speedgirlie on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I found the RSX to be very unassuming. It didn't look excessively showy or overly flashy. I really liked that, kind of like a wolf in sheep's clothing... I swore I'd never own a Honda product, even though they have an excellent reputation. An Acura was as close as I could bring myself to a Honda. The car is a blast to drive, it makes even the most mundane errand enjoyable. Insurance is high on this car, but when you factor in the shear delight you will get from driving the RSX, it suddenly seems worth the added expense!

GOOD CAR
By CINDY on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

THIS REALLY IS A GOOD CAR. FUN TO DRIVE. ITS ACTUALLY GOOD WITH GAS. ACTUALLY AS OF TODAY I AM AT A HALF A TANK AND 200 MILES. NOT BAD WITH GAS PRICES GOING UP!

Great car !!
By Rsxtypes916 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great car all around !!!

Survived!
By btray on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I give the RSX Two Thumbs up for safety. I unfortunately was involved in a car accident and totaled my RSX. I walked away with minor Whiplash. I impacted the center median at over 60 miles per hour almost straight on, and there was NO cabin damage. In most cars I would have had an engine where my knees were. ItÂ’s a very safe car.

Fun, Fast, and Earth Friendly
By Si on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun, Fast way to get to work. Travel over 25 miles (one way) and average 27 to 30 MPG, and that's 65 to 80 mph. On trips average 33 to 35 MPG traveling 75 to 80 mph. Not bad when you consider the performance of 200 HP. 2.0 liter engine and it's still a LEV vehicle. Acura reliability. No service issues with 31,000 miles.

Awesome Ride!
By dendron on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The RSX Type S just rocks! Comfortable (and I'm 6'4"), smooth, dead reliable, fast, quasi-luxurious, and waaay fun to drive. I've driven this car for 2 yrs and it's just as fun now as the day I bought it. Nits (?)...it's undertired. She needs 17- 18" wheels and 225ZR40 skinz to bring out her best. Other than that, a very hard car to beat at its price point.