Used 2002 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

After 130,000 miles
By sjava

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have more than 130,000 miles on this car. I lowered my car with aftermarket coilover. All the problems I got are associated with the suspension. Other than that I had zero problem. I'm getting 29-30 mpg on 80% hwy and 20%city. I love the fact that this car looks like a coupe but it's a hatchback. The hatchback provides so much utilities, you'll be surprised. One time I picked up a 52" LCD TV and the store employee said no way I can load it to my car but I did. There is no other car that provides so much fun, utilities and 30 mpg.

Favorite Features

Hatchback, regular fuel & steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Lowered ride in stock. They did just that for 2004 models.

Best Decision I've Ever Made in a Car
By AcuraGirl

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 70,000 on my 2002 RSX and I loved driving every mile that is on it. The looks of the car are sleek, stylish, and so much fun! Even though my car is already 5 years old, it doesn't look it. I love the smooth shifting and the roomy trunk especially when the seats are down (I moved half of my dorm room with it!). The only problem I had was with the motor on the passenger door lock and with the passenger side airbag which they fixed right away. It handled excellent when a light pole fell in front of me on the freeway and I ran right over it without swerving an inch. I hit a semi-truck tire that blew out in front of me too and it didn't do very much damage to my car either.

Favorite Features

This car is very safe and reliable. I love the looks of it inside and out. Great dash and console features. I love the sport-shifter.

Suggested Improvements

It rides kind of rough for an Acura.

RSX
By Raymond Young

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second RSX that I bought in 2002. The first one my wife hit a parked car doing 60 mph; she walked away with only a broken pair of glasses (the air bag). We bought the second RSX exactly like the first. It is fun the drive and we have had zero problems.

Favorite Features

The styling and safety features are top of the line for the price.

Suggested Improvements

I understand that Acura is going to stop production at the end of 2006. What will I do for my next new car?

Excellent Used Car!
By Mike A.

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a used RSX from a local dealership and I love it. It is an 02 with 40,000 mi, silver w/ black leather. I originaly had my heart set on the Type S, however, they are hard to find thus they demand top dollar. This car is such a good value. The car looks and drives like new. Plus I got a great deal, $13,200 + tax.

Favorite Features

Tight handling, sharp looking, awesome interior (sepecially at night), lots of room for a hatch back.

Suggested Improvements

More torque in the lower RPMs.

Great Car!!
By Dominic Alexander

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car!!My first Honda product!! Good gas mileage w/ gas prices being so high. Love the leather interior, climate control, the sports shift is a lot of fun

Favorite Features

everything!

Suggested Improvements

arm rest is a must