Used 2002 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Most Helpful|
Amazing!
By Avi Flax

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just picked up the car last night and I've already put almost 200 miles on it! It's just SUCH a BLAST to drive, and it's so TIGHT, and it fits me like a GLOVE and I could go on and on and on, but I have to go for a drive!

Favorite Features

shifter, engine, seats, suspension, stereo, dash, everything

Suggested Improvements

could use heated seats, limited slip diff, traction control. But it's cheap! If you want that stuff, get a 3.2CL Type S 6-speed!

Should have kept my old car!!!!!
By CARFREAK

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great Looking Car, but that's it! If you do alot of driving dont consider this car. I had experience knee problems while driving this car for more than 2hrs, due to the sporty seats sitting too low inside the car, This car was only bulit for the DRAG STRIP. (short distance travel)

Favorite Features

NOTHING

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING

FALLING IN LOVE !!
By partymom

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

THE FIRST TIME I DROVE THE RSX-TYPE S I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT, FROM THE SPORTY EXTERIOR TO THE INTERIOR WITH ALL THE CREATURE COMFORTS. I ACTUALLY ENJOY MY 120 MILE ROUNDTRIP COMMUTE TO WORK!!!! THE HANDLING IS SUPERB EVEN IN SERIOUS RAIN STORMS. I HAVE A 4 YR. OLD CHILD WHO IS ALWAYS WITH ME SO THE SAFETY ISSUE WAS A BIG ONE FOR ME. THE LAYOUT OF THE INTERIOR IS MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THIS CAR, EVERYTHING IS WITHIN REACH WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE ROAD. I RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO EVERYONE BECAUSE IT FULFILLS ALL EXPECTATIONS AND THEN SOME!!! I FALL IN LOVE EACH TIME I GET BEHIND THE WHEEL (MY HUSBAND HAS TO BRIBE ME TO LET HIM DRIVE!!)

Favorite Features

6 SPEED TRANSMISSION-SMOOTH AND FUN TO DRIVE, 6 CD CHANGER, POWER MOONROOF, RED-LIGHTED INTERIOR , ETC

Suggested Improvements

NONE- DON'T MESS WITH PERFECTION!!

Honest review from an Acura owner
By bepear01

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased the car 1 year used with 22,000 miles. Fun to drive, great handling, engine feels solid. Build quality appears to have gone down slightly, but could be due to 1st prod. year. 1st-2nd gear shift is notchy and grinds occasionally (known problem - no fix). Leather is wearing on driver's side. Should have used leather with a higher coefficient of friction (sliding around during cornering is annoying). Replaced factory audio with aftermarket... Bose system was pathetic. As others have stated, there is much road noise.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, carbon-fiber interior, red-lighted gauge cluster, 7900 redline.

Suggested Improvements

Armrest, higher quality leather, increased mid-range torque, improve audio system, put better tires on. Honda/Acura always under-tires their cars.

Great car, ruined by Honda bean counters.
By thr33wayclimax

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car since I was 16, and am now 26. Bulletproof reliability, only the A/C compressor has failed, twice. RATTLES/RATTLES....and more rattles. Maybe I never noticed or cared when I was younger, but this thing rattles like no other, the Tweeters, dash, trunk, doors, glove compartment I could go on, they all rattle. I feel like the car is going to fall apart when I hit a pothole. 2002 stock seats are terrible, NO support Hard seat bottoms. Replaced with seats from a 2005, much better! With all these issues, I cannot get myself to let it go, I don't think I'll ever sell this car.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission is the 3rd best I've had the pleasure of using. (1st=s2000, 2nd=FR-S) vtec cam switch never gets old as does reving to 8k rpm. Handles great with A-spec Suspension.

Suggested Improvements

LSD, better brakes, steering feel. Build Quality, rattled way too much, maybe that's why they stopped making it.