2002 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (211 reviews )
All I can say is WOW!
By Dimka.m on 03/01/02 09:56 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car is a blast to drive. With the i-VTEC kicking in it becomes a roaring monster! So you have the power when you want it and the MPG that you need.

Buy one!!
By maswell on 03/01/02 09:36 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I hate Front wheel drive cars.I never ever wanted to get one. When it came down to driving the RSX, I decided that this was a FWD car that I could learn to love. I love driving my RSX everyday, and I cant wait to bring it to the track. I know its not as fast as the M3s there, but I can still give the 3 series a run for its money. This car has become an extension of me. When I make more money Im going back to BMW, but Ill keep my RSX around for my fun everyday vehicle.

excellent
By Keving on 03/01/02 09:21 AM (PST)

this car is sweet

Just voting
By FastFox on 03/01/02 09:09 AM (PST)

But love the car.

Lemon City...
By 925 Type-S on 03/01/02 08:07 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My Acura RSX-typeS was a lemon and was bought back by American Honda Motor Co. I owned the vehicle for 99 days- it was in repair or disabled for 56 of those days. Grand total- 43 days of trouble-free driving with my RSX. The dealer/ Honda couldn't fix the problem (SRS- light on= all airbags disabled) and I was directed to go through the Lemon law process for resolution. I will NEVER buy another Honda product.

Great Car
By eclipsex50 on 03/01/02 08:02 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car has luxury, performance, and great styling all in one.

RSX
By ColdS on 03/01/02 04:25 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Needs torque! Acura made the car height too high and this hurts its already unsporty appearance. Interior is great but the stereo was no good coming from a brand name Bose. Ride quality is ok and the engine makes sweet noises running through the gears but it does get annoying after awhile. A Celica GT-S can keep up with the Type-S and so can a ITR. Not good. So performance isn't even satisfying for 200hp. Its an overpriced Civic.

One of the best cars I've driven!
By Triston on 03/01/02 02:40 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very good handling and acceleration. Comfortable except for some harsh bumps.

"if you have the means..."
By the_rev on 03/01/02 02:21 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

as mr. bueller once said, "if you have the means, i highly suggest you pick one up". not that this car is all that expensive... it is everything i thought my old Si should have been...

RSX type S
By kot on 03/01/02 01:56 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Love this car, a great blend of performance and style. Smooth shifting 6 speed, great handling. Two thumbs up!