Used 2002 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Absolutely LOVE It!
By SoCalGirl

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I never knew I could love a car so much! I bought my RSX new in Aug. 2001 with 50 miles on it. I now have 112,000 miles on it and am nearly in tears of the thought that I have to give it up for a more 'family friendly' car (this car wasn't really made to haul car seats around in). I've had absolutely no problems with this car. I use regular octane in it and take it in for regular service to an Acura dealer. It handles like a sports car and hugs the curves. The hatchback provides so much room for hauling stuff in! Gas mileage is fantastic at 31/36 MPG. Even though my car is 7 years old, it does not feel old when I get into it. I will be SO sad when I have to eventually say goodbye to it.

Favorite Features

The sports car handling, red illumination of instrument panel, low profile wheels, and the overall quality of the vehicle. It is worth every penny! Gas mileage is awesome. VERY FUN TO DRIVE!

Suggested Improvements

Rough riding...but that is to be expected with a sporty car so don't buy it if you are expecting a luxury ride. I really can't say anything bad about it!

Best Car I've ever owned
By Drum Major

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All the performance of a sports car, with all the reliability of a top of the line Japanese car.

Favorite Features

Semi-automatic 5-speed. Dashboard layout. Sporty ride. Great on gas. Leg and head room. (I'm over 6 feet)

Suggested Improvements

Rear view visibility. Rain sliding off the roof to the inside with windows slightly open during a storm.

Niggling problems spoil a great car
By creweser

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive, but have had a lot of little problems. Had to have power door lock motor replaced (very expensive - out of warranty) and now the hatch will not open - no way to manually override the lock, even from the inside. Side mirrors need to be heated on a car with such poor rear visibility. Ride is rough and noisy. On the other hand, driving is fun, with perky acceleration and good handling.

Favorite Features

Engine - very willing to rev. Aerodynamics - the car just sits down harder at high speed. 5-speed transmission - smooth and easy.

Suggested Improvements

Heated side mirrors, better cupholder location, manual override for hatch lock, better seats (not good for long trips).

Excellent car for the money
By Nate

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 5 speed Acura last week in desert silver metallic for $10,300 w/42,000 miles on it. For being six years old this car is very stylish. I am a 20 year old just out of college. I needed a car for under $11,000 that looked good and got good gas mileage. The moment I drove the Acura I knew it was it. I was previously looking at wrxs' and eclipses' but this beats them both as far as the money to quality ratio is concerned. One word EXCELLENT!

Favorite Features

So far I am averaging 34 mpg. I drive all highway at 60 mph w/ a little town mixed in. Can you beat that? Oh yeah and the looks are great. I also love the loud whine of the reverse gear (manual tranny only).

Suggested Improvements

I love the back end but am not so crazy about the front. Lots of little rattles. Bigger wheels would be nice... but I'm nitpicking, THIS IS AN AWESOME CAR!

Great car - In love with it
By Sid Arora

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002. This car has been my first sports car right from the dealership. I loved it on the first day and still have admiration for it. Car has cute reddish dash board that's eye pleasing. Secondly car has been extremely reliable. The car currently has 93000k miles and only changes I have done is brake jobs, tires, emission issue. At 93000 car still feels like new with same amount of acceleration as it was new.

Favorite Features

Beautiful dashboard, reliable, good horsepower, stylish

Suggested Improvements

Emission issue (check engine light) cost me 2 grand. Acura could have done better job with catalytic converter on this car. Little more power at lower rpm