2002 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
After 130,000 miles
By sjava on 06/06/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have more than 130,000 miles on this car. I lowered my car with aftermarket coilover. All the problems I got are associated with the suspension. Other than that I had zero problem. I'm getting 29-30 mpg on 80% hwy and 20%city. I love the fact that this car looks like a coupe but it's a hatchback. The hatchback provides so much utilities, you'll be surprised. One time I picked up a 52" LCD TV and the store employee said no way I can load it to my car but I did. There is no other car that provides so much fun, utilities and 30 mpg.

Best Decision I've Ever Made in a Car
By AcuraGirl on 02/07/07 17:59 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 70,000 on my 2002 RSX and I loved driving every mile that is on it. The looks of the car are sleek, stylish, and so much fun! Even though my car is already 5 years old, it doesn't look it. I love the smooth shifting and the roomy trunk especially when the seats are down (I moved half of my dorm room with it!). The only problem I had was with the motor on the passenger door lock and with the passenger side airbag which they fixed right away. It handled excellent when a light pole fell in front of me on the freeway and I ran right over it without swerving an inch. I hit a semi-truck tire that blew out in front of me too and it didn't do very much damage to my car either.

RSX
By Raymond Young on 06/07/06 07:06 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second RSX that I bought in 2002. The first one my wife hit a parked car doing 60 mph; she walked away with only a broken pair of glasses (the air bag). We bought the second RSX exactly like the first. It is fun the drive and we have had zero problems.

Excellent Used Car!
By Mike A. on 12/15/05 22:40 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a used RSX from a local dealership and I love it. It is an 02 with 40,000 mi, silver w/ black leather. I originaly had my heart set on the Type S, however, they are hard to find thus they demand top dollar. This car is such a good value. The car looks and drives like new. Plus I got a great deal, $13,200 + tax.

Great Car!!
By Dominic Alexander on 09/03/05 02:52 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car!!My first Honda product!! Good gas mileage w/ gas prices being so high. Love the leather interior, climate control, the sports shift is a lot of fun

Best bang for the buck!
By blue_rsx on 06/29/05 16:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For $22K, this is a great car. It has enough pep to make it a fun car to drive, and it is a great looking car too--inside and out!

Great car, combines fun w/practicality
By David on 06/20/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my RSX since 2002, and still love it. It's been wonderfully reliable, without a single significant mechanical problem. Performance is excellent, especially the i-VTEC. Good cargo capacity, and hatchback can handle large/bulky objects better than you might expect.

Lead foot is cured
By Mike on 03/20/05 19:33 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this car I was very impressed right away by its spectalcular performance. The gas is avg for a 4cyl, the interior is a little cramped but still is stylish. The exterior is like a very sportier Honda look but I like it. The red inteior lighting for the dash and speedo looks very awesome. The CD is just avg though.

One Outstanding Car!
By Mike on 12/10/04 12:45 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2002 RSX for about 6 months now and I have to say this car never ceases to amaze me.The interior is beyond what I expected; the seats are very comfortable, there's tons of leg and head room, all the controls are at close reach, and best of all is how smooth the car is shifting through gears.The car accelerates through 6500 rpm's like a knive cutting through butter; its smooth, quiet, and continues to deliver power all through the rpms, not once hesitating.I also am impressed with the exterior styling, unlike the celica with those hideous curves and horrible wheels; the RSX is well thoughout.The car is suttle but has an aggressive look. Overall the RSX is a stunning vehicle!!

Reliable, Fun Car
By Bcpatters on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned many cars, but owning this car has been one of the best experiences I've had yet. It has worked flawlessly, is fun to drive (5 sp), and gets great mileage on reg gas (29 mpg avg, 34 on trips). Only complaint is excessive road noise - only a problem at freeway speeds. Engine and wind noise are minimal.