2002 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Absolutely LOVE It!
By SoCalGirl on 10/18/09 00:31 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I never knew I could love a car so much! I bought my RSX new in Aug. 2001 with 50 miles on it. I now have 112,000 miles on it and am nearly in tears of the thought that I have to give it up for a more 'family friendly' car (this car wasn't really made to haul car seats around in). I've had absolutely no problems with this car. I use regular octane in it and take it in for regular service to an Acura dealer. It handles like a sports car and hugs the curves. The hatchback provides so much room for hauling stuff in! Gas mileage is fantastic at 31/36 MPG. Even though my car is 7 years old, it does not feel old when I get into it. I will be SO sad when I have to eventually say goodbye to it.

80,000 miles never let me down
By Anthony on 07/05/09 09:03 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Overall a great car with Honda reliability; a lot of performance in the sub 25k category, Car and Drivers 10 Best list, and finished 1st place in a 5 car comparison beating wrx, neon srt etc. In a recent trip to Boston got 31mpg in mixed hwy driving. I shoved a 42 Plasma tv in the trunk while still in the box with rear seats folded down. My only gripe was had to replace oxygen sensor at 75000 miles and it was pricey.

RSX Type S - great all round car
By redline8x1000 on 05/18/09 15:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was my first car I bought on my own and it was great. Had everything you would want in a car including, performance, looks, utility, fuel economy, and reliability. If I had a need for a 2nd car I would have kept it however I'm sure it will be a blessing to the next owner.

Best First Car
By redline8x1000 on 05/07/09 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was my first car that I had bought on my own. Got it when I was 27 and now I'm 34. (I just got a cpo BMW 328i with all the bells & whistles). This car had it all for the money. I was one of the first to have it. It was the TYPE S too. The handling was great for its classes. However I noticed that in the last couple years the suspension started to give a bit. The hatchback was great since the backseats could fold down and I could carry a lot of things in the back. The car had over 130,000 miles on it when I sold it to carmax. I'm sure it could have lasted several more years but I didn't have a need for 2 cars. I'll miss this car for sure, but I'm really enjoying my new ride! =)

Best Car I've ever owned
By Drum Major on 12/08/08 23:10 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All the performance of a sports car, with all the reliability of a top of the line Japanese car.

Niggling problems spoil a great car
By creweser on 10/06/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive, but have had a lot of little problems. Had to have power door lock motor replaced (very expensive - out of warranty) and now the hatch will not open - no way to manually override the lock, even from the inside. Side mirrors need to be heated on a car with such poor rear visibility. Ride is rough and noisy. On the other hand, driving is fun, with perky acceleration and good handling.

Great Little Car
By *El Ocho* on 09/29/08 07:20 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The RSX is a great little car. I've had mine for over 5 years now & have had no problems what so ever. You just can't beat Honda build quality & reliability. The K20 may be the best engine Honda has ever built. It revs effortlessly to 8000 rpm & is highly tunable. The shifter is top notch & the car gives the driver great feedback. Tons of fun to drive

Excellent car for the money
By Nate on 08/13/08 10:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 5 speed Acura last week in desert silver metallic for $10,300 w/42,000 miles on it. For being six years old this car is very stylish. I am a 20 year old just out of college. I needed a car for under $11,000 that looked good and got good gas mileage. The moment I drove the Acura I knew it was it. I was previously looking at wrxs' and eclipses' but this beats them both as far as the money to quality ratio is concerned. One word EXCELLENT!

Great car - In love with it
By Sid Arora on 07/01/08 08:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002. This car has been my first sports car right from the dealership. I loved it on the first day and still have admiration for it. Car has cute reddish dash board that's eye pleasing. Secondly car has been extremely reliable. The car currently has 93000k miles and only changes I have done is brake jobs, tires, emission issue. At 93000 car still feels like new with same amount of acceleration as it was new.

After 130,000 miles
By sjava on 06/06/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have more than 130,000 miles on this car. I lowered my car with aftermarket coilover. All the problems I got are associated with the suspension. Other than that I had zero problem. I'm getting 29-30 mpg on 80% hwy and 20%city. I love the fact that this car looks like a coupe but it's a hatchback. The hatchback provides so much utilities, you'll be surprised. One time I picked up a 52" LCD TV and the store employee said no way I can load it to my car but I did. There is no other car that provides so much fun, utilities and 30 mpg.