2002 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Best Car I've ever owned
By Drum Major on 12/08/08 23:10 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All the performance of a sports car, with all the reliability of a top of the line Japanese car.

Niggling problems spoil a great car
By creweser on 10/06/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive, but have had a lot of little problems. Had to have power door lock motor replaced (very expensive - out of warranty) and now the hatch will not open - no way to manually override the lock, even from the inside. Side mirrors need to be heated on a car with such poor rear visibility. Ride is rough and noisy. On the other hand, driving is fun, with perky acceleration and good handling.

Excellent car for the money
By Nate on 08/13/08 10:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 5 speed Acura last week in desert silver metallic for $10,300 w/42,000 miles on it. For being six years old this car is very stylish. I am a 20 year old just out of college. I needed a car for under $11,000 that looked good and got good gas mileage. The moment I drove the Acura I knew it was it. I was previously looking at wrxs' and eclipses' but this beats them both as far as the money to quality ratio is concerned. One word EXCELLENT!

Great car - In love with it
By Sid Arora on 07/01/08 08:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002. This car has been my first sports car right from the dealership. I loved it on the first day and still have admiration for it. Car has cute reddish dash board that's eye pleasing. Secondly car has been extremely reliable. The car currently has 93000k miles and only changes I have done is brake jobs, tires, emission issue. At 93000 car still feels like new with same amount of acceleration as it was new.

After 130,000 miles
By sjava on 06/06/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have more than 130,000 miles on this car. I lowered my car with aftermarket coilover. All the problems I got are associated with the suspension. Other than that I had zero problem. I'm getting 29-30 mpg on 80% hwy and 20%city. I love the fact that this car looks like a coupe but it's a hatchback. The hatchback provides so much utilities, you'll be surprised. One time I picked up a 52" LCD TV and the store employee said no way I can load it to my car but I did. There is no other car that provides so much fun, utilities and 30 mpg.

Best Decision I've Ever Made in a Car
By AcuraGirl on 02/07/07 17:59 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 70,000 on my 2002 RSX and I loved driving every mile that is on it. The looks of the car are sleek, stylish, and so much fun! Even though my car is already 5 years old, it doesn't look it. I love the smooth shifting and the roomy trunk especially when the seats are down (I moved half of my dorm room with it!). The only problem I had was with the motor on the passenger door lock and with the passenger side airbag which they fixed right away. It handled excellent when a light pole fell in front of me on the freeway and I ran right over it without swerving an inch. I hit a semi-truck tire that blew out in front of me too and it didn't do very much damage to my car either.

RSX
By Raymond Young on 06/07/06 07:06 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second RSX that I bought in 2002. The first one my wife hit a parked car doing 60 mph; she walked away with only a broken pair of glasses (the air bag). We bought the second RSX exactly like the first. It is fun the drive and we have had zero problems.

Excellent Used Car!
By Mike A. on 12/15/05 22:40 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a used RSX from a local dealership and I love it. It is an 02 with 40,000 mi, silver w/ black leather. I originaly had my heart set on the Type S, however, they are hard to find thus they demand top dollar. This car is such a good value. The car looks and drives like new. Plus I got a great deal, $13,200 + tax.

Great Car!!
By Dominic Alexander on 09/03/05 02:52 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car!!My first Honda product!! Good gas mileage w/ gas prices being so high. Love the leather interior, climate control, the sports shift is a lot of fun

Best bang for the buck!
By blue_rsx on 06/29/05 16:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For $22K, this is a great car. It has enough pep to make it a fun car to drive, and it is a great looking car too--inside and out!