Used 2002 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

"Baby Blue" - D's 2002 Acura RSX
By Ms. Denise

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my RSX brand new in December of 2001. I have 115,000 miles on my car and it still runs like a dream!!! Not to mention, it still looks great! I have put some money in it over the years but it's pretty much been routine maintenance. I had to replace the clutch at around 100,000 miles but that's the only major work I've had done. I love the ILX but even if I decide to purchase it I think I'll still keep "Baby Blue" because she is a true "viking". I say if you have an RSX, keep it. It's such a good car.

great car and inexpensive
By stewart reiman

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

t is a sports car, not a family car

Awsome Vehicle
By rsxc

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned two '02 ACura RSX's Premium. Bottom line is that they are very reliable. They will last a long time before they break. But like any car once they break they will cost a small fortune. Most aftermarket retailers do not carry the parts that usually break on this car. This means you must go to the the dealer to get the part, which can be hole in your pocket. All in all, I love this car. It's very cheap on gas, it has a very attractive sporty look, it's got all the goodies like: leather heated seats, heated powered mirrors, power windows and doors. I would definitely recommend this car.

Leather heated seats, power heated mirrors, power doors and windows. 2.0L VTech engine. 2 doors

this car needs very little improvements. maybe improve so that it doesn't rust.

Daily driver for 10 years
By oaklandfan78

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My RSX has gone through a lot over the past 10 years and put on over 145K miles but it's still running strong.
It's been through quite a lot.
Among the highlights were how many times, it flawlessly handled the California drive from LA to SF.
At one point, it also became my utility vehicle and the fold-down seats spent many weekends lugging around DJ equipment.
It now serves as my daily commuter with good gas mileage and still evokes a strong feeling of excitement when I get on the road each morning.
Hopefully I can make it to 200K one day.

Reliability - no real major maintenance issues besides oil, tires, brakes Good handling and fun to drive. Interior - It's simple, but I've come to appreciate the simplicity of the controls and gorgeous red lighting on the dash.

Noisy cabin. CD player broke at some point. Interior and exterior are showing some wear from use, but aftermarket parts can be easily found.

Last Acura I will ever buy
By Bub24

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely hate this car! It has been nothing but an expensive lemon. 1st the oil pump went bad ($800) then the vtec pressure switch $74, then the vtech actuator. Now the timing chain is stretched. 83,000 miles are you serious? Oh and forget about finding replacement parts at your local autoparts store. Almost every piece of this abomination is special order or my favorite "dealer only $$$$ part" I am done with Acura and there overpriced crap.$1366 to replace a timing chain!What!

body was cool looking and gas mileage was good.

Well they don't make them anymore so i guess there's no point.