2002 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Awsome Vehicle
By rsxc on 01/10/13 12:50 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned two '02 ACura RSX's Premium. Bottom line is that they are very reliable. They will last a long time before they break. But like any car once they break they will cost a small fortune. Most aftermarket retailers do not carry the parts that usually break on this car. This means you must go to the the dealer to get the part, which can be hole in your pocket. All in all, I love this car. It's very cheap on gas, it has a very attractive sporty look, it's got all the goodies like: leather heated seats, heated powered mirrors, power windows and doors. I would definitely recommend this car.

Daily driver for 10 years
By oaklandfan78 on 10/30/12 22:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My RSX has gone through a lot over the past 10 years and put on over 145K miles but it's still running strong. It's been through quite a lot. Among the highlights were how many times, it flawlessly handled the California drive from LA to SF. At one point, it also became my utility vehicle and the fold-down seats spent many weekends lugging around DJ equipment. It now serves as my daily commuter with good gas mileage and still evokes a strong feeling of excitement when I get on the road each morning. Hopefully I can make it to 200K one day.

Last Acura I will ever buy
By Bub24 on 03/10/10 22:00 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely hate this car! It has been nothing but an expensive lemon. 1st the oil pump went bad ($800) then the vtec pressure switch $74, then the vtech actuator. Now the timing chain is stretched. 83,000 miles are you serious? Oh and forget about finding replacement parts at your local autoparts store. Almost every piece of this abomination is special order or my favorite "dealer only $$$$ part" I am done with Acura and there overpriced crap.$1366 to replace a timing chain!What!

Not what I expected
By aspen9120 on 01/05/10 14:39 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura and I was buying it for the quality, both in reliability and solidity, but I've been disappointed in both. With under 50,000 miles I've already had two sensors go out, both of which were extremely expensive (think 10x more than other cars I've had!). The other complaint I have is with the noise level. I really expected this car to be solid as a rock and it was when I bought it in the summer. In the winter the dashboard sounds like it may fall off whenever I hit a bump. This seems to be a common problem with owners though Acura has never heard of it. I really had high hopes for this little car and maybe I was just unlucky.

I Love this car!
By RSX2002chicago on 12/08/09 19:03 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car new on October 8th, 2001. To date I have had only 1 problem with the car and that was a faulty O2 sensor at 79,000 miles. That's it. Everything else has been routine maintenance( fluid flushes, filters, brakes, wipers). This car has been so reliable. I've driven it to Texas and back and in the mountains in Colorodo near Longmont/ Estes park and back to Chicago. This car is super reliable. Handling is great. Steering feel is perfect. You cut the wheel and the car responds instantly. Perfectly weighted steering. Fuel economy is 30's highway, 24 to 26 city. Drops to 17 to 19 in the winter (idling/warm up).

Absolutely LOVE It!
By SoCalGirl on 10/18/09 00:31 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I never knew I could love a car so much! I bought my RSX new in Aug. 2001 with 50 miles on it. I now have 112,000 miles on it and am nearly in tears of the thought that I have to give it up for a more 'family friendly' car (this car wasn't really made to haul car seats around in). I've had absolutely no problems with this car. I use regular octane in it and take it in for regular service to an Acura dealer. It handles like a sports car and hugs the curves. The hatchback provides so much room for hauling stuff in! Gas mileage is fantastic at 31/36 MPG. Even though my car is 7 years old, it does not feel old when I get into it. I will be SO sad when I have to eventually say goodbye to it.

Best Car I've ever owned
By Drum Major on 12/08/08 23:10 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All the performance of a sports car, with all the reliability of a top of the line Japanese car.

Niggling problems spoil a great car
By creweser on 10/06/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive, but have had a lot of little problems. Had to have power door lock motor replaced (very expensive - out of warranty) and now the hatch will not open - no way to manually override the lock, even from the inside. Side mirrors need to be heated on a car with such poor rear visibility. Ride is rough and noisy. On the other hand, driving is fun, with perky acceleration and good handling.

Excellent car for the money
By Nate on 08/13/08 10:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 5 speed Acura last week in desert silver metallic for $10,300 w/42,000 miles on it. For being six years old this car is very stylish. I am a 20 year old just out of college. I needed a car for under $11,000 that looked good and got good gas mileage. The moment I drove the Acura I knew it was it. I was previously looking at wrxs' and eclipses' but this beats them both as far as the money to quality ratio is concerned. One word EXCELLENT!

Great car - In love with it
By Sid Arora on 07/01/08 08:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002. This car has been my first sports car right from the dealership. I loved it on the first day and still have admiration for it. Car has cute reddish dash board that's eye pleasing. Secondly car has been extremely reliable. The car currently has 93000k miles and only changes I have done is brake jobs, tires, emission issue. At 93000 car still feels like new with same amount of acceleration as it was new.