Used 2002 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Awsome Vehicle
By rsxc

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned two '02 ACura RSX's Premium. Bottom line is that they are very reliable. They will last a long time before they break. But like any car once they break they will cost a small fortune. Most aftermarket retailers do not carry the parts that usually break on this car. This means you must go to the the dealer to get the part, which can be hole in your pocket. All in all, I love this car. It's very cheap on gas, it has a very attractive sporty look, it's got all the goodies like: leather heated seats, heated powered mirrors, power windows and doors. I would definitely recommend this car.

Leather heated seats, power heated mirrors, power doors and windows. 2.0L VTech engine. 2 doors

this car needs very little improvements. maybe improve so that it doesn't rust.

Daily driver for 10 years
By oaklandfan78

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My RSX has gone through a lot over the past 10 years and put on over 145K miles but it's still running strong. It's been through quite a lot. Among the highlights were how many times, it flawlessly handled the California drive from LA to SF. At one point, it also became my utility vehicle and the fold-down seats spent many weekends lugging around DJ equipment. It now serves as my daily commuter with good gas mileage and still evokes a strong feeling of excitement when I get on the road each morning. Hopefully I can make it to 200K one day.

Reliability - no real major maintenance issues besides oil, tires, brakes Good handling and fun to drive. Interior - It's simple, but I've come to appreciate the simplicity of the controls and gorgeous red lighting on the dash.

Noisy cabin. CD player broke at some point. Interior and exterior are showing some wear from use, but aftermarket parts can be easily found.

Last Acura I will ever buy
By Bub24

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely hate this car! It has been nothing but an expensive lemon. 1st the oil pump went bad ($800) then the vtec pressure switch $74, then the vtech actuator. Now the timing chain is stretched. 83,000 miles are you serious? Oh and forget about finding replacement parts at your local autoparts store. Almost every piece of this abomination is special order or my favorite "dealer only $$$$ part" I am done with Acura and there overpriced crap.$1366 to replace a timing chain!What!

body was cool looking and gas mileage was good.

Well they don't make them anymore so i guess there's no point.

Not what I expected
By aspen9120

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura and I was buying it for the quality, both in reliability and solidity, but I've been disappointed in both. With under 50,000 miles I've already had two sensors go out, both of which were extremely expensive (think 10x more than other cars I've had!). The other complaint I have is with the noise level. I really expected this car to be solid as a rock and it was when I bought it in the summer. In the winter the dashboard sounds like it may fall off whenever I hit a bump. This seems to be a common problem with owners though Acura has never heard of it. I really had high hopes for this little car and maybe I was just unlucky.

Styling, fun to drive, good gas mileage.

The extreme rattling makes the car feel cheap, a luxury brand - really any car that was $23,000 new in 2002 - should be more solid.

I Love this car!
By RSX2002chicago

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car new on October 8th, 2001. To date I have had only 1 problem with the car and that was a faulty O2 sensor at 79,000 miles. That's it. Everything else has been routine maintenance( fluid flushes, filters, brakes, wipers). This car has been so reliable. I've driven it to Texas and back and in the mountains in Colorodo near Longmont/ Estes park and back to Chicago. This car is super reliable. Handling is great. Steering feel is perfect. You cut the wheel and the car responds instantly. Perfectly weighted steering. Fuel economy is 30's highway, 24 to 26 city. Drops to 17 to 19 in the winter (idling/warm up).

Hatchback versatility, Steering feel, VTEC engine, ability to start in 2nd gear (helpful in snow), driver oriented cockpit, red instruments, seat design is great (nice bolstering), Steering wheel size and shape are perfect. I love my RSX and plan to keep it another 10 years.

It's been discontinued, so first and foremost bring it back. Keep the hatchback design for versatility. Keep the seats & cockpit design. Add either a SH-AWD option or a limited slip diff. More HP won't hurt. Keep MPG the same or better. Heated seats, mirrors, & a windshield wiper de-icer.