Used 2002 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 331 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

"Baby Blue" - D's 2002 Acura RSX
By Ms. Denise

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my RSX brand new in December of 2001. I have 115,000 miles on my car and it still runs like a dream!!! Not to mention, it still looks great! I have put some money in it over the years but it's pretty much been routine maintenance. I had to replace the clutch at around 100,000 miles but that's the only major work I've had done. I love the ILX but even if I decide to purchase it I think I'll still keep "Baby Blue" because she is a true "viking". I say if you have an RSX, keep it. It's such a good car.

great car and inexpensive
By stewart reiman

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

t is a sports car, not a family car

Awsome Vehicle
By rsxc

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned two '02 ACura RSX's Premium. Bottom line is that they are very reliable. They will last a long time before they break. But like any car once they break they will cost a small fortune. Most aftermarket retailers do not carry the parts that usually break on this car. This means you must go to the the dealer to get the part, which can be hole in your pocket. All in all, I love this car. It's very cheap on gas, it has a very attractive sporty look, it's got all the goodies like: leather heated seats, heated powered mirrors, power windows and doors. I would definitely recommend this car.

Leather heated seats, power heated mirrors, power doors and windows. 2.0L VTech engine. 2 doors

this car needs very little improvements. maybe improve so that it doesn't rust.

Great car, ruined by Honda bean counters.
By thr33wayclimax

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car since I was 16, and am now 26. Bulletproof reliability, only the A/C compressor has failed, twice.

RATTLES/RATTLES....and more rattles. Maybe I never noticed or cared when I was younger, but this thing rattles like no other, the Tweeters, dash, trunk, doors, glove compartment I could go on, they all rattle. I feel like the car is going to fall apart when I hit a pothole.

2002 stock seats are terrible, NO support Hard seat bottoms. Replaced with seats from a 2005, much better!

With all these issues, I cannot get myself to let it go, I don't think I'll ever sell this car.

Manual transmission is the 3rd best I've had the pleasure of using. (1st=s2000, 2nd=FR-S) vtec cam switch never gets old as does reving to 8k rpm. Handles great with A-spec Suspension.

LSD, better brakes, steering feel. Build Quality, rattled way too much, maybe that's why they stopped making it.

Daily driver for 10 years
By oaklandfan78

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My RSX has gone through a lot over the past 10 years and put on over 145K miles but it's still running strong.
It's been through quite a lot.
Among the highlights were how many times, it flawlessly handled the California drive from LA to SF.
At one point, it also became my utility vehicle and the fold-down seats spent many weekends lugging around DJ equipment.
It now serves as my daily commuter with good gas mileage and still evokes a strong feeling of excitement when I get on the road each morning.
Hopefully I can make it to 200K one day.

Reliability - no real major maintenance issues besides oil, tires, brakes Good handling and fun to drive. Interior - It's simple, but I've come to appreciate the simplicity of the controls and gorgeous red lighting on the dash.

Noisy cabin. CD player broke at some point. Interior and exterior are showing some wear from use, but aftermarket parts can be easily found.