2015 Acura RLX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Acura RLX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RLX model:

Luxury Sedan for everyday use!
By Paul Kif

2015 Acura RLX Sedan Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got this car back in April 2015. I have 9k miles on it now. Car drives without any issues whatsoever. When driving around 70 miles on the freeway car gets about 34mpg, even though by the book it is 31mpg. Mixed driving I get 26-27mpg, which is great considering how big car is. Car is definitely not the softest on the planet, since I saw few people complain about it, which is true I agree with that, however car is luxury/sport and some sport cars are not the most soft cars out-there. I really like a lot of standard options such as LED Headlights, P-AWS rear wheel steering technology 19" luxury wheels, acoustic windshield and front glass and etc., This car is definitely worth getting considering car cost a lot less than competition with similar options, less by about 15k. Also retail value always nice on Acuras and reliability is good if you think to keep car for longer than 5 years. In my opinion car looks much better than Lexus GS and boring looking Audi A6. Acura looks very beautiful, one of my favorite looking car in it's class.

RLX - no 4 x X
By KV

2015 Acura RLX Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

One of my requirements was 4 Wheel or All Wheel Drive capability in a luxury sedan. This car was wonderful but didn't have either although, as I understand it, prior models did.

Great Car
By TMW

2015 Acura RLX Sedan Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just to give a little backround, my last two cars were a Lexus GS and an Acura RL. I did not like my Lexus at all and got rid of it after less than two years. I had that Lexus in the shop 7 times in those two years for various problems. Up until then, I had pretty much owned only Toyota or Lexus. In 2008, I decided to get the Acura RL to replace the Lexus GS. The Acura RL treated me very well for 6 years until I gave it to my daughter. When it was time to get a new car, I considered many different luxury brands but kept coming back to Acura. So far, I have 24,000 miles on the car. I can honestly say, this is the best car I have ever owned. I look forward to driving it everyday. There were a couple of recalls which were easily taken care of...I was not having problems before the recalls. If I had to do it again, I would not hesitate to get the RLX. I would love to have the hybrid version but it was not available when I bought my car. I had a deposit for one with the dealer but after waiting a year, they finally told me they weren't sure when they would available. I guess that would be my one complaint with Acura...they had a predicted release date for the hybrid and it kept getting delayed and there was no information available as to if and when they were going to come out with the car.

Shifty
By Joseph Alves

2015 Acura RLX Sedan Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Quality of interior is mediocre. ^-cylinder shifting is annoyingly rough; wife's 12 year old Subaru smoother.

stay away from RLX
By b2cmu1

2015 Acura RLX Sedan Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new RLX in 2014, what a mistake. It has had three recalls and now an engine noise has developed which Acura mechanics can not figure out. Audio tapes have been sent to Acura Engineering and they are stumped. I intend to get rid of it as soon as it comes back from shop (two weeks) Bad news trade in value is now $35,000 for a one year old car with 12,000 miles for which I paid $52,000. Go with Lexus or Infinity and save yourself trouble

Interior design and comfort

Complete testing and engineering before you release a car. Plain jane design has to go