2014 Acura RLX Consumer Review: Bad designn or bad quality?

2014 Acura RLX - Consumer Review

2014 Acura RLX

Advance Package Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Bad designn or bad quality?
By s_sc on

2014 Acura RLX Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my RLX-ADV about 4 months ago and only put on about 1500 miles so far. I have already took it back three times for repair. There were iPhone 4S issue (automatic dial out and hang out), low battery and charging system warning sign(happened in less than first 50 miles), and camera too hot/LDW, LKAS shut down (90 degree outside) during driving. Dealer recharged the battery, but no action to other issues. Dealer and Acura insisted the shut down is the proper action by design. SF Bay Area is known for good climate. The LDW, LKAS shut-down happened multiple times in April. I really wonder what the car would do in Summer!

Update on May 2016:
Here are updates on the issues I reported. After two battery charging visits,, my dealer finally declared that it had a bad battery. I got a new battery in less than 12 months since owning the car. The charging issue was resolved. I do not have any phone issue now, either. It went away after I upgraded my phone to iPhone 6S. Honestly, this might be a problem of Apple, not Acura. However, the most important LDW & LKAS shut-down persists! It consistently shutting down these important safety features when outside temperature is around 90 degrees. I gave up fighting with Acura since they insisted this is a necessary precaution to protect the delicate electronic system. I am really disappointed. I spent extra money on this car since it was promised with these safety features. Acura sold me an ill-designed product that takes protection of car as priority over the driver!

• Outward visibility
  • Transmission

• Active safety
  • Repair frequency
  • Electronics

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review