2014 Acura RLX Consumer Review: RLX Rattles down the road sinc

2014 Acura RLX - Consumer Review

Technology Package Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

RLX Rattles down the road since purchase- no solution
By rlxregrets on

2014 Acura RLX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I noticed rattles coming from front suspension after 500 miles. Brought it to the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Dealership reported service rep had the same problem but worse after 7k miles. After another 2k miles the rattles increased in frequency and loudness from all 4 wheels. Dealership replaced front struts which resolved a majority of the rattle but the rear rattle persisted. After another visit, the replaced the rear rattle. The rear is better but now the front is ever present over every bump. When I had a 2014RLX loaner the vehicle had the same issue as both mine and the service reps car. Cant believe engineering isn't all over this issue. Beware of RLX.

Smooth plush seats and quiet ride as long as bumps are no where in sight.

Fix the suspension rattles!!!! After 27 years of Hondas and Acuras, I would not purchase another Acura after this experience. 3 RLX's with the same problem in the same region is evidence of an engineering flaw. Buyer beware!
By aekoenig
on 04/17/14 16:16 PM (PDT)

I am having the same problem with the noisy suspension - both front & rear. My one local dealer spent a day on it, admitted it was noisy and spoke to tech folks in California who stated it was a design issue -- they all do it. Subsequently took it to another dealer who told me they did not notice any unusual noises. This is my 8th or 9th Acura since 1988 and I am truly disappointed with the suspension noise. Otherwise a great car, but I am disinclined to purchase another unless Acura fixes this problem. Have already told two other folks to not buy the RLX.