2011 Acura RL Consumer Review: Beware!

2011 Acura RL - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic w/Technology Package)

Beware!
By scatback on

2011 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My 6th Acura, very comfortable and well equipped for the price. But multiple gremlins including a transmission malfunction, directional headlights don't operate, keyless entry malfunctioned, the new 'directional' microphone for voice command must point in another direction because the system is unuseable, the nav doesn't include HD graphics, is still DVD rather than hard disk based and is therefore slow and distressingly inaccurate. I'd like to like the car, and there is much to recommend it, but from the time I picked it up (and discovered 45 lbs. of pressure in the tires) it has been a disaster

quiet and comfortable ride, great seats, good visibility, decent handling, great sound system, transmission shifts seamlessly when it isn't breaking down.

dealerships used to do pre-delivery checklists. The end of that practice seems to have coincided with a breakdown in Acura quality control. Multiple malfunctions within the first 1000 milles. Perhaps mine is just a lemon; but Acura didn't used to make lemons. Not a model I would buy again.