2009 Acura RL Consumer Review: I now volunteer to run errands

2009 Acura RL - Consumer Review

Technology Package Sedan (3.7L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

I now volunteer to run errands
By hkl in TX on

2009 Acura RL Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Had it a week and I'm very pleased. Wanted a sports sedan with all the luxury/tech appointments. Drove E-Class, 5-series, M-35, 09 Maxima and Lexus GS. No major weaknesses vs. competition. If you are looking at this class, test the RL. Improved low end torque is a big plus vs. 08 model. Not as fast off the line as the 535, but as fast as the rest. Sports mode helps with initial acceleration, but not necessary after that. Quiet smooth ride. Not as noisy or bumpy as the GS and doesn't feel like a big boat like the M-35. Technology and radio are excellent. Interior comfort is awesome. Other brands more recognizable, but this is a better car.

Interior comfort and quality materials. On screen iPod integration. Acceleration and handling. Lets me drive in great luxury without screaming to everyone that I own a $50,000 car. Not everyone will value that, but if you do, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

Gas mileage (about 16 in city so far, but making no attempt to conserve right now). Premium gas (which is normal in this class). Back seat still a hair small, but this feels sportier than competitors with larger back seat, so a reasonable trade-off for me. I miss the coin holder in my old car.