2009 Acura RL 3.7L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Technology Package Consumer Review - Worth Owning

2009 Acura RL - Consumer Review

2009 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Base Sedan (3.7L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Technology Package)

Worth Owning
By David on

2009 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the new Jag, Bmw 5 series, Infiniti M, Audi A6 & A5 and Lexus LS and GS. Basically I was not going to buy a car this year because none of them seem worth the bucks or worth the change from my Lexus LS 430. Pictures of the 09 RL do not do it justice. Went to Acura to look at the 2009 MDX (for my wife), saw the RL on the floor and looked in the interior. I drove it and fell in love, the handling the no-lag speed and pick-up the luxurious interior with all the gadgets done tastefully. Pinch me! I am a car snob and never even considered an Acura, I was wrong and now I am happier than ever (with more features than the BMW 535xi and saved over $10,000).

Favorite Features

Technology in this car is incredible. Best navigation system yet, puts BMW to shame. Seats are as comfortable as Lexus with cool and heated ventilation. AWd is the best I ever driven with a great suspension, stereo is top notch.

Suggested Improvements

Acura needs to market their vehicles better, Acura is not thought of as being as prestigious than BMW, Lexus and Mercedes even though their product is just as good if not better.