Used 2009 Acura RL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Rl - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura RL Sedan

View reviews for a specific RL model:

Wow
By Tom S

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura. I have driven about 4 different cars over the last year one of them in the same price range. I am impressed about the handling, the feel of quality material used, the quiet engine (the others had V8s). I enjoy just to go out and drive it, especially on curving roads. It feels like the car is glued onto the asphalt. The bumps in the road of course can be felt, the don't make you feel uncomfortable. The interior feels quite roomy. The interior design looks awesome. The price is on the low side of its class. I put reliability in with 8 points because I have owned the car for only one week. I have had not problems so far.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifters, HID headlights and road handling.

Suggested Improvements

Leave the sunroof off to make it a little higher. If someone has a long upper body, he will touch the roof. Add another gear that will lock (bypass) the torque converter in order to improve mileage.

Best of the bunch
By John Paul

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just upgraded from a 2005 to a 2009 RL with tech. Fabulous car. I can't imagine how anyone could actually drive this against the Lexus GS, the Infiniti M, or the 5 series BMW and not buy the RL. I suppose there is a lot more to luxury car buying than performance, price, features and road feel.

Favorite Features

Bullet proof quality from top to bottom

Suggested Improvements

Increase the status of the Acura nameplate so it will appeal fashion oriented buyers.

Doesn't matter where you're going
By PDS

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second RL, having returned my leased 05 for an 09. The best thing about this car is the way it makes you feel when driving it. With the SH-AWD, the bullet-proof nav system, the world class vtech engine and the solid suspension; you can drive this car with complete confidence that you will get where you're going and get back. To me, the most important thing about a car is that I trust it. I have never had a car that I trust (or enjoyed) more than this 09 RL. Complete reliability, safety, luxury and comfort.

Favorite Features

The driver interface on all levels exceeds every other car I've tried. Every aspect of the car can be customized and is at your command if you take the time to learn the protocol.

Suggested Improvements

None

Albert
By Albert

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy driving my new (09) RL/w Tech Pkg. I own a 06 (TL) prior. The fuel consumption is high, about 16 city 22 highway. I replaced the factory tires with 245-35-20, 8.0. This was a great enhancement. I plan on driving my RL a lot.

Favorite Features

Rear cam, door sensor, Bose radio, color (Jade), power seat driver/ passenger.

Suggested Improvements

Hand lever for brake release. Touch entry area for information input.

Satisfied Customer
By Ron Beeman

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Very happy with the look and performance of the 2009 RL. Looked at several cars in the same class and felt that the RL had more for the money than other cars. Once you get used to it, the technology package is great. Handles well with it's all wheel drive.

Favorite Features

Technology Package

Suggested Improvements

A little more headroom in the back seat would be an improvement