2009 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Worth Owning
By David on 09/02/08 16:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the new Jag, Bmw 5 series, Infiniti M, Audi A6 & A5 and Lexus LS and GS. Basically I was not going to buy a car this year because none of them seem worth the bucks or worth the change from my Lexus LS 430. Pictures of the 09 RL do not do it justice. Went to Acura to look at the 2009 MDX (for my wife), saw the RL on the floor and looked in the interior. I drove it and fell in love, the handling the no-lag speed and pick-up the luxurious interior with all the gadgets done tastefully. Pinch me! I am a car snob and never even considered an Acura, I was wrong and now I am happier than ever (with more features than the BMW 535xi and saved over $10,000).

I LOVE THIS CAR
By Phil Mirenda on 08/17/08 00:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Acura finally got this thing right. I put 13000 miles on my '08 RL and had a love hate relationship with it. The car had terrific build quality and extraordinary features that really spoil a driver. That being said there are significant faults: poor suspension (a weird combination of too harsh and too soft), no adjustable passenger seat, wimpy steering wheel, AWD system with too much front wheel bias. Biggest fault... no EQ (excitement quotient) when driving the RL. Enter 2009 RL. Love or hate the looks that's your decision. I love this car. The suspension is perfect, great Super handling AWD calibration, adjustable passenger seat, a whole bunch of "EQ". Did i say I LOVE THIS CAR ?

I now volunteer to run errands
By hkl in TX on 08/02/08 11:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Had it a week and I'm very pleased. Wanted a sports sedan with all the luxury/tech appointments. Drove E-Class, 5-series, M-35, 09 Maxima and Lexus GS. No major weaknesses vs. competition. If you are looking at this class, test the RL. Improved low end torque is a big plus vs. 08 model. Not as fast off the line as the 535, but as fast as the rest. Sports mode helps with initial acceleration, but not necessary after that. Quiet smooth ride. Not as noisy or bumpy as the GS and doesn't feel like a big boat like the M-35. Technology and radio are excellent. Interior comfort is awesome. Other brands more recognizable, but this is a better car.

acura got it right
By analyzethis on 07/17/08 23:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

acura nails it with 09 rl; looks are great inside and out; have 05 rl, which has been excellent; 09 looks better, drives more in control with road; drove m3; nice car, overpriced, not particularly in control of road; drove audi a6; tired look, overpriced when compared to all options built in to base rl; drove m 35; same old car, also not competitive price-wise if you load up the options to compare it with the rl; gas mpg is strong for awd; very hard to beat without spending at least $10,000 more on competitors

Excellent!!
By nervous_mcstabby on 07/05/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is one nice car!! Very quiet with and excellent radio. Controls can be a little confusing until you know where all the controls are. It's best to practice a little before you go on the road and want to change radio channels or map functions. I get a lot of AHHHs from my co-workers when they look at the interior styling. I bought a bright silver exterior. The prominent "transformer shield" grill blends in nicely. Not so with darker colors, in my opinion. The tail end looks fabulous!! Definite BMW 7 series resemblances. Very powerful acceleration. Great control over rainy roads with the SH-AWD. Gas mileage isn't great, but it's not bad either. On par with a 300 hp car that's 4,000 lbs.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura RL Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*