2009 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Excellent Ride, Needs Better Brakes
By P Medina on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Up to date, it has been a very enjoyable ride. Classy enough for my trade, as engineering consultant, and sporty enough for my younger heart. It has been, however, sifnificantly fuel thirsty, almost as my wive's MDX! However, dealership service has been excellent and the vehicle has operated flawlessly, unlike my previous Avalon! Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, except for braking performance.

I Love this Car
By BECKY on 08/30/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2.5 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland loaded with everything for this vehicle. The interior trim is excellent; the Nav system is far better then the Jeeps and as good as my husbands Audi A-8 system. The ride in this car is excellent, the vehicle is extremely quite and the sound system is exceptional. I am so pleased I purchased this car; I looked at the Cadillac and the Lincoln...the quality was no match. I believe I will be an Acura client for my next purchase too!

It just doesn't get any better than this
By Stephanie on 07/02/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

As a business executive and also a mother, I wanted a vehicle that exuded class without snob appeal that needed little maintenance and had the room for my clients as well as my family of four. I found the exterior to be stylish, the interior incredibly plush and the surround sound audio system unbeatable.

Look elsewhere
By Jimbob on 03/15/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

For someone who has never owned a decent car, I imagine that they would think the RL is great. But I have had so many reliability problems with it, I will NEVER buy an Acura again. The handling is pretty good, the car is fun to drive, even though it is slow. Overall, I would rate it a 7 out of 10.

Nice car...but.
By Mike P on 03/07/09 17:09 PM (PST)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Acura. Over all this is a nice comfortable car. Long trips don't beat you up like some can. The AWD is rock solid on icy roads. My only gripe is that I have had problems with the heater on days that are below freezing. Even with the temp control set at 62 the passenger compartment gets very hot. Then it will turn on the ac and blow cold air into your face. Three different dealers couldn't find anything wrong. The car, compared with other 09 Acura's, when tested above freezing temps, are identical.

Wow
By Tom S on 01/16/09 20:29 PM (PST)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura. I have driven about 4 different cars over the last year one of them in the same price range. I am impressed about the handling, the feel of quality material used, the quiet engine (the others had V8s). I enjoy just to go out and drive it, especially on curving roads. It feels like the car is glued onto the asphalt. The bumps in the road of course can be felt, the don't make you feel uncomfortable. The interior feels quite roomy. The interior design looks awesome. The price is on the low side of its class. I put reliability in with 8 points because I have owned the car for only one week. I have had not problems so far.

Best of the bunch
By John Paul on 01/01/09 09:56 AM (PST)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just upgraded from a 2005 to a 2009 RL with tech. Fabulous car. I can't imagine how anyone could actually drive this against the Lexus GS, the Infiniti M, or the 5 series BMW and not buy the RL. I suppose there is a lot more to luxury car buying than performance, price, features and road feel.

Doesn't matter where you're going
By PDS on 12/21/08 08:50 AM (PST)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second RL, having returned my leased 05 for an 09. The best thing about this car is the way it makes you feel when driving it. With the SH-AWD, the bullet-proof nav system, the world class vtech engine and the solid suspension; you can drive this car with complete confidence that you will get where you're going and get back. To me, the most important thing about a car is that I trust it. I have never had a car that I trust (or enjoyed) more than this 09 RL. Complete reliability, safety, luxury and comfort.

Albert
By Albert on 11/16/08 18:09 PM (PST)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy driving my new (09) RL/w Tech Pkg. I own a 06 (TL) prior. The fuel consumption is high, about 16 city 22 highway. I replaced the factory tires with 245-35-20, 8.0. This was a great enhancement. I plan on driving my RL a lot.

Satisfied Customer
By Ron Beeman on 09/16/08 22:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Very happy with the look and performance of the 2009 RL. Looked at several cars in the same class and felt that the RL had more for the money than other cars. Once you get used to it, the technology package is great. Handles well with it's all wheel drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura RL Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*