LOVE this car
By mtfool on
2008 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I bought this car as Certified Pre-Owned, with 70k miles, and it's been great in all regards. The stock tires were not good in snow, so I bought snow tires and put them on dedicated rims, and wow! The car is amazing in the snow. It's also a heavy car, so it holds tight to the road, like it's on rails. Is quiet and responsive but not demanding. A few minor issues: Chrome on the grill is peeling, which I see on all RLs of that year in our area. Acura had the brass to tell me the "solution" is to wipe down the chrome with a towel after every rain and snow! How about taking some responsibility, Acura!? Also, keyless entry door handle needed replacement, which is a common problem.
Favorite Features
Incredible all-wheel drive traction. Great handling in the snow. Quiet ride. Responsive engine. Great reliability. Fantastic value.
Suggested Improvements
Chrome paint on grill peels/flakes off over just a couple of years. Keyless entry has reliability problems, due to bad seals and water leaking in. A-pillar (bars on each side of the windshield running from hood to roof) creates a pretty bad blind spot for traffic coming from right. My wife hates driving the car for this reason, though I love the car despite it and find it relatively easy to adjust to.