Good for your money
By Acuraman on
2008 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/CMBS, PAX Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I got my RL (top of the line) by the end of Nov. 2007. So far it's fine. It drives well with very good highway mileage considering AWD. The average mileage rate was over 30 mi/gal in long distance driving. Before I purchased it, I searched the market well. For about $50K Mercedes/BMW/Audi were some offering their stripped versions. If you own the top of the line luxury car, your dealer treats you like a king for maintenance calls (your loaner there if need be). One thing was bad about these sports cars, they are so low. Even cement divider on parking lots touches your fender if you are not careful. Tires are so expensive (PAX system). If you damage it, prepare to pay $500 per tire change.
Favorite Features
Well handling. I am happy with the agility. When I touch the gas pedal, it moves. It is a good feeling after driving heavy American cars. It has every possible amenities and electronic gadgets. Good mileage is very important in these days as well. I liked auto adjusting headlights when cornering.
Suggested Improvements
Voice recognition stinks. You cannot enter a phone number by telling it while moving. I gave up on that. The only method is to put all possible numbers into phone book (after trying many times). It must be designed for Japanese accent. Using the electronic features is not intuitive for same reason.