Best luxury value
By Kanthi Rameswaram on
2008 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
A co-worker of mine gave me a ride to work one morning. She picked me up in her Acura RL. By the time we reached work I believe I repeated the phrase - "this is a great car" - about 5 times. Well I own one now, just completed one year of ownership. Let me tell you folks there is no better value for money in the luxury category. I compared the RL to the BMW 5 and the Audi A6 and I saved about $15k easily. The best car that I have owned bar none. You are surrounded in luxury and comfort. The AWD, steering and handling are superb. I wonder how I ever survived the LA labyrinth without my Acura nav system - it is amazing. The only negative is the rear middle seat, it is uncomfortable.
Favorite Features
Navigation, AWD, steering, handling, Bose stereo system. The exterior design of the 2008 is better than the 2009 in my view. It is conservative and will stand the test of time easily. Love my optional wooden steering wheel - the right size and very easy to control.
Suggested Improvements
Improve rear middle seat, make it a comfortable 5 passenger vehicle, right now it is more a 4 passenger than a 5. Improve choice of colors - exterior and interior. Market it better.