Used 2008 Acura RL Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:

Nice car
By CNJ31Vtec

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We cross shopped Audi A6, Q7, Infiniti M35x, Cadilac CTS4, Acura TL and RL, after we returned a 2006 BMW 530xiT. We finally decided to lease an RL because it has all the basic elements of being a luxury car. This is the 4th Honda/Acura we had owned so far. And probably the most conservative Honda/Acura we ever have. Having said that, the RL is still a wonderful car to drive. Only hope 3 years later, Acura can have another face lift base on the coming 2009 RL (it is NOT attractive at all) plus a RWD-biasd AWD. Then I think we will continue to be in the Honda's family.

Quiet ride, comfortable seats, and top quality of the material used for its interior.

Acura's SH-AWD cars are heavy. That extra weight not only hurts RL's MPG but also its performance, which both should be Honda's advantage. The keyless operations should extend to both rear doors, not just to the front doors.

Very Pleased: RL vs M35
By Steve

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I compared the RL the M35x all wheel drive autos. I found them to be very similar. Although the M35 might be slightly faster off the line I felt more comfortable in the RL driver's seat and was surprised by the sporty/firm suspension. The M35 may also win the looks category but the RL dresses up nicely with the factory flaps and spoiler. Having owned an Infinity and a Honda/Acura previously, I expect the RL to be more reliable and less costly to service. What really swayed my decision to the RL was after negotiating on both cars, the 2008 RL ended up thousands less than the M35. After a couple thousand miles, I am extremely happy with the RL.

Super all wheel drive. Keyless feature. Gas mileage.

Better turning radius. No premium fuel.