2008 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
LOVE this car
By mtfool on 09/18/12 14:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car as Certified Pre-Owned, with 70k miles, and it's been great in all regards. The stock tires were not good in snow, so I bought snow tires and put them on dedicated rims, and wow! The car is amazing in the snow. It's also a heavy car, so it holds tight to the road, like it's on rails. Is quiet and responsive but not demanding. A few minor issues: Chrome on the grill is peeling, which I see on all RLs of that year in our area. Acura had the brass to tell me the "solution" is to wipe down the chrome with a towel after every rain and snow! How about taking some responsibility, Acura!? Also, keyless entry door handle needed replacement, which is a common problem.

Artfully Subtle Luxury and Performance
By Paul J on 03/27/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Does everything well instead of compromising one performance area to excel in another. For example, corners as if on rails but preserves quiet, comfortable ride. The engine is smooth and quiet around town but makes operatic noises at the top of the rev range. This is the perfect luxury car for with enough confidence to eschew driving a visible status symbol. I drove Audis before they went upscale to compete directly with Mercedes and BMW. This Acura now fills that niche of artful, understated luxury that makes one look smart, not status conscious.

Former Collector-Had Ferrari, Lotus, Jag
By Dr Al on 03/11/09 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling, feels like the vehicle is glued to the road due to the SH-AWD. Requires high test although gas mileage is reasonable. Excellent acceleration for a 4000 pound vehicle. Roomy, high tech voice command system, fabulous 5.1 surround sound and backup camera which I wanted. Also has manual shift via paddles on the steering wheel, and Acura reliability. Everything works as intended. Drive one, you'll buy it.

Best luxury value
By Kanthi Rameswaram on 11/19/08 19:24 PM (PST)

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A co-worker of mine gave me a ride to work one morning. She picked me up in her Acura RL. By the time we reached work I believe I repeated the phrase - "this is a great car" - about 5 times. Well I own one now, just completed one year of ownership. Let me tell you folks there is no better value for money in the luxury category. I compared the RL to the BMW 5 and the Audi A6 and I saved about $15k easily. The best car that I have owned bar none. You are surrounded in luxury and comfort. The AWD, steering and handling are superb. I wonder how I ever survived the LA labyrinth without my Acura nav system - it is amazing. The only negative is the rear middle seat, it is uncomfortable.

Good for your money
By Acuraman on 10/26/08 00:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/CMBS, PAX Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got my RL (top of the line) by the end of Nov. 2007. So far it's fine. It drives well with very good highway mileage considering AWD. The average mileage rate was over 30 mi/gal in long distance driving. Before I purchased it, I searched the market well. For about $50K Mercedes/BMW/Audi were some offering their stripped versions. If you own the top of the line luxury car, your dealer treats you like a king for maintenance calls (your loaner there if need be). One thing was bad about these sports cars, they are so low. Even cement divider on parking lots touches your fender if you are not careful. Tires are so expensive (PAX system). If you damage it, prepare to pay $500 per tire change.

Almost Perfect
By Scott Davis on 08/16/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is so good, I wouldn't want to know the person dissatisfied with it. Too spoiled. Excellent reliability. Excellent safety. Excellent road holding in bad weather. The quietest car I've ever experienced. Excellent stereo. Comfortable seats for me. Pleasant styling. Like most Acuras, will probably look fine in 10 years. Cadillacs and BMWs will probably look silly/dated. The only thing you get in 2009 is an ugly restyling, 10 more hp and a significant loss in economy. 2008 is a optimal year. It doesn't feel like a toss around car. Too heavy. Reasonable back seat. Everything about it inspires confidence: quality, road manners, rubber on the road, balance. It does everything well

Acura RL the best automobile
By caborchitra wilson on 06/02/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After I saw my friend's beautiful RL I didn't hesitate to buy one for myself. This car has everything you can ask for. The 290 horsepower engine is too powerful for my needs (got 2 speeding tickets with this Acura). I love my Acura RL, it has 10000 miles already and has no signs of any problems. Averaged 31.8 mpg on a 2000 mile roadtrip which is the best of other cars.

Acura RL beats all competitors
By podrapadda on 06/02/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/CMBS, PAX Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2008 Acura RL in March and it's by far the best car I have ever bought. The Acura RL is very powerful, very smooth and quiet, has great handling. Acura (Honda) cars have excellent quility and are reilible. If you are looking for a new luxury car give the Acura RL a chance.

The best there is
By Super Acura Fan on 05/23/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/CMBS, PAX Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Acura RL fully loaded. I've owned all of the major players including Lexus, BMW and MB. You really owe it to yourself to go test drive this amazing car if youre looking at 40-50K cars.

Stay away from the RL... not worth it
By jcshma on 05/17/08 00:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the RL Tech pacakge. 2nd day noticed major quality problems. Rattling noise from all over the place. Owning the car for 6 weeks so far and several parts are replaced. Windshield and headliners are all taken apart due to major manufacturing defect. Honda corporate really doesn't care about customers, the only thing they care is talk nicely, but no action to solve issues.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.