Lot of value for the money
By dalien on
2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Drove high end MBZ and Lexus for decades. Bought the RL for the seat (bad back) and took what came with it. For 20K+ difference I'm more than pleased with the result. The RL is a dream to drive, and the cornering is amazing. The engine has all the power I need. I concur with all the positive comments seen here and have only one big squawk. I HATE THE STEERING WHEEL! It's not the wheel that's so bad even if it is too slippery, it's that it's loaded with so much stuff it looks like a game controller. The shift paddles are right in the way for a clean grip as are the telephone buttons which I don't use either. Remove that crap and sticky up the wheel and I'd give "fun to drive" a 10 also.
Favorite Features
Feels safe. Love the keyless feature. Drivers seat is exceptionally comfortable for my back. It carves corners like a razor and stops on a dime. The Nav system is great as is the radio and the controls are well laid out. The fit and finish are exceptional. The cabin is very quiet. No V-8 needed!
Suggested Improvements
Steering wheel needs to be replaced with the one on my Chevy Colorado. Michelin tires are exceptionally noisy. Rear mirrors OK but had to add stick on to make left useful. Back up camera and gas mileage OK but not great. Retract seat when key is off & put same seat on right side.