Used 2007 Acura RL Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Rl - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura RL Sedan

View reviews for a specific RL model:

Better then Lexus
By alivenwell

2007 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove all the usual suspects and actually bought a Lexus GS300 AWD and had to take it back because of transmission issues. So glad I did. An 07 RL came up for sale in my area and I jumped on it. Absolutely love this car. Got rid of a Tahoe and wanted AWD for my wife. Interior quality is better then the GS, Engine is better then the GS, Interior room is better then the GS, AWD is better then the GS, Exterior is not as pretty as the GS, but considering the RL was the same price for a year newer, same mileage, and more feats it was an no brainer. Just wish the Navi was available. This was literally the only RL available in a metro area of 2 million people. That has to say something!

Favorite Features

Seats, Interior, Wife loves the rear and window shades for our daughter, Acura reliability, Bose Stereo so much better then the Bose from the Tahoe.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I had the Navi. Cooled seats. Don't tease me with a Navigation DVD- Rom in Trunk when I don't have Navi Headunit.

After one year
By stuart

2007 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had for 1 year, 14,000 miles. Excellent fuel economy 27-30 on all highway. No mechanical problems. My wife would like an adjustable passenger seat, seating position too low. Fit and finish second to none. RL has plenty of power I use it often on steep hills. I like the styling much more than the 09 grille has a richer more elegant look than the 09. Handling is great in high speed situations, far superior to the TL. I like the exterior design, quite understated, however I do see the point of someone saying it looks too much like a Honda. I understand the 2011 will be a totally new car. Acura/Honda really does want to compete with the best from Lexus. After all is said and done would I buy it again... for sure.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, fit and finish, reliability, understated looks, superior electronics.

Suggested Improvements

Height adjustable passenger seat, push button start.

2007 Acura RL
By Bill Fischer

2007 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been an excellent purchase and both my wife and I are very pleased with the car. My only comment is that I feel the passenger seat should have the same power features as the drivers side - i.e., the seat is too low for my wife.

Favorite Features

Beautiful paint. Ours is white pearl.

Suggested Improvements

The passenger seat should have the same power features as the driver's side as my wife finds the seat too low.

2007 RL
By stu

2007 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased my RL. Build quality equal to or better than Lexus. A great value with current market support. SH-AWD useful in all weather, not just snow. A smart looking car, however not screaming 'I am here'. Had a 2004 TL and liked it, this is much more car. I hope resale is as good on this as it was on my TL. Also owned a 2001 BMW 525, no comparison. The BMW was more like my TL. RL does seem overpriced until you drive it.

Favorite Features

Seats are very comfortable. Technology only seems confusing, takes about a week to learn. Ride and handling exceptional.

Suggested Improvements

Cooled seats.

Great Car
By larrynimmo

2007 Acura RL Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Number one attribute isno wind noise. The only reason you can hear the quiet tire noise is because there is no wind noise. Very comfy seats.Great tech features. Not enough power especially low end torque. Phenomenal handling characteristics. This car will turn on a dime with good manners. Fuel ecomony is poor, but I don't put on so many miles that it's a factor.

Favorite Features

Best stereo system ever. No wind noise. Great super handling. Best seats.

Suggested Improvements

More low end torque. Cooled seats. Better iPod full integration