2007 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Better then Lexus
By alivenwell on 11/02/09 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove all the usual suspects and actually bought a Lexus GS300 AWD and had to take it back because of transmission issues. So glad I did. An 07 RL came up for sale in my area and I jumped on it. Absolutely love this car. Got rid of a Tahoe and wanted AWD for my wife. Interior quality is better then the GS, Engine is better then the GS, Interior room is better then the GS, AWD is better then the GS, Exterior is not as pretty as the GS, but considering the RL was the same price for a year newer, same mileage, and more feats it was an no brainer. Just wish the Navi was available. This was literally the only RL available in a metro area of 2 million people. That has to say something!

After one year
By stuart on 09/06/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had for 1 year, 14,000 miles. Excellent fuel economy 27-30 on all highway. No mechanical problems. My wife would like an adjustable passenger seat, seating position too low. Fit and finish second to none. RL has plenty of power I use it often on steep hills. I like the styling much more than the 09 grille has a richer more elegant look than the 09. Handling is great in high speed situations, far superior to the TL. I like the exterior design, quite understated, however I do see the point of someone saying it looks too much like a Honda. I understand the 2011 will be a totally new car. Acura/Honda really does want to compete with the best from Lexus. After all is said and done would I buy it again... for sure.

2007 Acura RL
By Bill Fischer on 04/19/08 06:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been an excellent purchase and both my wife and I are very pleased with the car. My only comment is that I feel the passenger seat should have the same power features as the drivers side - i.e., the seat is too low for my wife.

2007 RL
By stu on 07/30/07 15:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased my RL. Build quality equal to or better than Lexus. A great value with current market support. SH-AWD useful in all weather, not just snow. A smart looking car, however not screaming 'I am here'. Had a 2004 TL and liked it, this is much more car. I hope resale is as good on this as it was on my TL. Also owned a 2001 BMW 525, no comparison. The BMW was more like my TL. RL does seem overpriced until you drive it.

Great Car
By larrynimmo on 07/14/07 06:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Number one attribute isno wind noise. The only reason you can hear the quiet tire noise is because there is no wind noise. Very comfy seats.Great tech features. Not enough power especially low end torque. Phenomenal handling characteristics. This car will turn on a dime with good manners. Fuel ecomony is poor, but I don't put on so many miles that it's a factor.

Great vehicle
By Gearheadded on 05/29/07 08:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If not the best vehicle for under $40K it has to be in the top five. Exceptional build quality, great performance, just a great vehicle. First time I've had strangers compliment my vehicle. Would definitely buy again.

RL
By Ray T on 03/16/07 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The RL has been everything it was made out to be. Interior styling is excellent and instruments easy to see and use. Exterior is sleek with the exception of the standard wheels, kind of boring. The upgrade they offer cost $3000 and you have to go to 18" rims. Only knock I have.

Okay
By fred on 12/28/06 18:51 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy owning the RL. It is very comfortable and easy to handle. Acceleration is mild for horsepower rating. It behaves as though it has turbo lag. Entry is awkward, seat and steering wheel take position when I get in the car rather than waiting until door is closed or car is started. Standard battery capacity is low. Have had to charge battery twice from sitting car with engine off trying to learn/program the computer navigation system. Fuel economy is good.

Worth It
By c5028 on 12/07/06 17:18 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive 120 miles per day R/T from Long Island to New Jersey. About 45 miles is on highways with traffic with about half during high traffic rush hour. Average speed about 40 mph. Gas mileage typically 22-23 mpg. On longer, non traffic trips 26 mpg. Never got less than 19 mpg. Car has 12,000 miles... no defects or repairs. Very comfortable, all the power you need, handles well, nothing to really complain about.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.