2007 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
My 4th Acura RL
By Mike on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th RL; the exterior design, while well executed, is boring. It is solid but not as reassuring to drive as the previous models. It is surpringly fast when passing. The fit and finish are as expected; the metallic paint is beautiful. The voice activation system remains a mystery, but the navigation system is easier to use than before: no need to touch the screen. The front doors are larger than they need to be and are hard to reach to close. In general, getting in and out is not as easy in this model. Steering is lighter than expected; road and wind noise can be intrusive, but for the excellent sound system. The trunk floor is not flat.

Mediocrity and excellence in one car
By Gasman on 12/11/09 13:53 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hmm. Where to start... I bought my dealer demo with 5K miles. The driver's door shuts on me on entering and exiting the car--on level ground. The key fob works when it feels like it (I am told it's in how I hold it). My wife and I use the car and it has trouble with the seat memory settings. I had to take the car in to get a fender realigned, though I did not have an accident. The doors are very tinny sounding-- especially when you release the handles. It is not powerful from the start and you have to gun the engine to get the torque up to sufficient levels. But it's not all bad, the ride is nice, the interior is all of excellent quality, and the seating is comfy.

Better then Lexus
By alivenwell on 11/02/09 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove all the usual suspects and actually bought a Lexus GS300 AWD and had to take it back because of transmission issues. So glad I did. An 07 RL came up for sale in my area and I jumped on it. Absolutely love this car. Got rid of a Tahoe and wanted AWD for my wife. Interior quality is better then the GS, Engine is better then the GS, Interior room is better then the GS, AWD is better then the GS, Exterior is not as pretty as the GS, but considering the RL was the same price for a year newer, same mileage, and more feats it was an no brainer. Just wish the Navi was available. This was literally the only RL available in a metro area of 2 million people. That has to say something!

After one year
By stuart on 09/06/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had for 1 year, 14,000 miles. Excellent fuel economy 27-30 on all highway. No mechanical problems. My wife would like an adjustable passenger seat, seating position too low. Fit and finish second to none. RL has plenty of power I use it often on steep hills. I like the styling much more than the 09 grille has a richer more elegant look than the 09. Handling is great in high speed situations, far superior to the TL. I like the exterior design, quite understated, however I do see the point of someone saying it looks too much like a Honda. I understand the 2011 will be a totally new car. Acura/Honda really does want to compete with the best from Lexus. After all is said and done would I buy it again... for sure.

2007 Acura RL
By Bill Fischer on 04/19/08 06:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been an excellent purchase and both my wife and I are very pleased with the car. My only comment is that I feel the passenger seat should have the same power features as the drivers side - i.e., the seat is too low for my wife.

Legendary Honda Quality
By onenarrow on 08/28/07 22:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far I have owned the car for a couple of months and do not regret the purchase at all. I bought it for safety primarily but realized that it also has the legendary Honda quality. The details of this car are incredible, better than the German cars and value wise by 15 K at least also. The car feels like a tank but has the power to go when needed,. This car has near 300hp and you feel every horse! The AWD is incredible, it would take a bulldozer to take it off course.

A Lot of Car for the Money
By Jack on 08/20/07 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like most readers I've driven them all, but this one delivers a lot of bang for the buck. Does not handle like a 5 series, will not out accelerate a 550i, but it handles beautifully, is great on the road, and has an interior and audio system that puts the 5 series and E-Class to shame. Put that together with Acura's reputation for reliability and we have a BIG winner.

Not all it's cracked up to be
By Wingnut on 08/13/07 18:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/CMBS, PAX Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car looked like a terrific value, but it has not turned out that way. I was looking forward to "Honda Reliability" but too many things just don't work well or are gimmicky. Fuel economy is atrocious (14-15), electronics don't work that well, run-flat tires are super loud, there is some wind noise, key fob/keyless entry never works the same twice in a row. Car is pretty slow off the line, but decent on the highway. Ride is too much of a compromise. Handling is good, but the Michelin run-flats are lousy performance tires in all but the correct temperature range. I came out of an Audi A8, and would NOT buy this car again.

Value for money
By BigFan on 08/13/07 18:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We wanted an AWD sedan after a string of average SUVs. This vehicle is a beauty. Excellent build quality and finish. It would be difficult to beat the value for money. It rides smoothly and is very comfortable. We are delighted with our purchase so far.

2007 RL
By stu on 07/30/07 15:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased my RL. Build quality equal to or better than Lexus. A great value with current market support. SH-AWD useful in all weather, not just snow. A smart looking car, however not screaming 'I am here'. Had a 2004 TL and liked it, this is much more car. I hope resale is as good on this as it was on my TL. Also owned a 2001 BMW 525, no comparison. The BMW was more like my TL. RL does seem overpriced until you drive it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.