Happy owner of 2006 RL
By CWD on
2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I picked the 2006 RL after driving Audis (1998 A4 2.8, 2002 A6 4.2) for the past 8 years. Performance is comparable to my A6 4.2 with better gas mileage. SH-AWD does offer superior handling compared to my A6 4.2. Car corners flatter with a quicker and more solid turn-in feel. Suspension is firm, but not harsh. This car is a real value in it's class. Loaded with features and technology for the price when compared to other 6-cyl. cars in it's class (A6 3.2, 530i, GS300, etc.). Interior design is very nice. I like it better than the new A6 and the GS. Exterior is sleek and clean. I hate what BMW did to the 5-series. Seats are very comfortable. Back seat big enough for adults.
Favorite Features
Love the surrond sound (DVD-audio, DTS) audio system. I'm an audio/home theater geek and it's great to be able to enjoy surround sound music in my car. Best in class navigation system with real time traffic updates. 1-year free of XM satellite radio. SH-AWD is the real deal.
Suggested Improvements
Wheels are rather plain. All-season tires aren't the most sporting, however, all this can be fixed with a visit to the Tire Rack or by ordering the A-spec wheels and tires. As with any car, some more horsepower would be nice or more low-end torque, but please keep the gas mileage up!