2006 Acura RL Consumer Review: Great Car!

2006 Acura RL - Consumer Review

Great Car!
By pappy164 on

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I may not have as much pull as other owners in here because this is my first mid luxury sedan. I can tell you I did drive almost every other vehicle in this class. Although the power of the M seemed to be a little more it didn't have the finese of this vehicle. The Acura RL has some of the most comfortable seats in the class and with the AWD you can really shoot around corners. With the VTEC you don't get that low end torque (altough its not wimpy at all),but you do get great mid range power (30-70 MPH range) this is where this car really performs. Although a vehicle with this much technology is kinda intimidating at first, Acura seems to be easier to leanr than the other brands. Great car!

Bose DVD sound system ROCKS! AWD, Interior comfort (this care is not at all cramped as some say), supportive seats. Adaptive Headlights, Bluetooth, XM radio, paddle shifters, did I say Bose sound system! Cupholders you can adjust to the size of your drink cup. Keyless access/start, XM NAV traffic!

Although it is lightyears ahead of the last RL, the exterior styling could have been a little better. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't resemble to accord from the side. Though the cars drive nothing alike. Voice recognition dosn't always get right command. Back sensors should be standard.