Used 2006 Acura RL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RL Sedan

View reviews for a specific RL model:

Love the RL
By Art

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The RL is my second Acura. I bought a CL Type-S in 2001, and was very pleased with its performance, reliability and fun-to-drive factor. The RL is awesome. With 3500 miles, everything has worked as advertised. It's roomy, plenty of power, every gadget imaginable... great technology, and it all works.

Believe it or not, my favorite feature is the XM radio... not even an ACURA feature!!! Also like the navigation, Bluetooth phone, voice commands, and power everything, including rear sunshade.

More levels of front-passenger seat adjustments would be nice. The rear defroster doesn't warm up quickly or hot enough. There is a slight lag upon acceleration, a bit disappointing for a 50K car... overall performance, however, is strong.

Everything I wanted and more...
By cb

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the car I've always wanted, and finally, someone built it. It's the most fun car I've ever driven because it was so well designed. Every control is within my reach without stretching, voice recognition, although not perfect, is pretty close. My favorite part is the gas mileage. I just came back from a 150 mile trip, and got 31.6 mpg on the highway with the air conditioning on. I held to the speed limit (65 mph), and used cruise control. Long trips are a dream with the quiet cabin, smooth ride and excellent Bose stereo system. I've heard people say it looks like an Accord, but I disagree. Certainly not from the front. I like the styling and the total quality of the car.

Super-handling AWD, stereo, better than advertised gas mileage, navigation and traffic info, and especially the endless list of technology that makes the car so fun to drive.

None, really. I am totally satisfied, and I'm pretty picky.

A BLAST TO DRIVE!!!
By JAMES FOEGE

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, a real blast to drive. Nav. system works great on finding location from ind. homes to special restrauants. Sound system is second to none. No service problems at this time (8,000).The all wheel drive works great in the mountains.

Sound system, Nav. system & voice Command are great features.

More side leg room for front seats.

Very Nice Car
By Dave H

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the non-tech car for $40,000 after using the Edmunds site to get quotes from 3 different states. Then took that quote to the local shop and got it for 40 flat. Very nice car, wish it had more pwr and ventilated seats. Sterio is killer. Nav is very good. Have just over 1,000 miles on it, so really do not know about reliability yet. I'm coming from 3 Lexus coupes into this car and that brand is awesome. Had the IS500 been available, I'd be driving that. At $40 thou it is a bargin, so do your shopping.

Exterior - interior styling, sterio, nav, blutooth, very quite ride.

More power, a little more tuned exhaust note. Faster shifts using the paddle shifters.

Best Buy
By Brian

Traded in my 2007 Trailblazer LT for this car. I love my trailblazer but the thing had so many problems from the brake lights going out to the check engine light coming on so when i saw one of my school teachers driving a Rl and i asked what kind of car it was and when she told me that it was an Acura RL I had to have one. I cried when i traded my trailblazer but when i drove this car off the lot the tears stoped flowing. I plan on keeping this car forever now if my chevy trailblazer was as good as my HHR LT is but i now have a good car.

EVERYTHING

The only thing i do not like on my car is the color that was the only color they had on the lot my color is silver