Used 2006 Acura RL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:

A BLAST TO DRIVE!!!
By JAMES FOEGE

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, a real blast to drive. Nav. system works great on finding location from ind. homes to special restrauants. Sound system is second to none. No service problems at this time (8,000).The all wheel drive works great in the mountains.

Sound system, Nav. system & voice Command are great features.

More side leg room for front seats.

Very Nice Car
By Dave H

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the non-tech car for $40,000 after using the Edmunds site to get quotes from 3 different states. Then took that quote to the local shop and got it for 40 flat. Very nice car, wish it had more pwr and ventilated seats. Sterio is killer. Nav is very good. Have just over 1,000 miles on it, so really do not know about reliability yet. I'm coming from 3 Lexus coupes into this car and that brand is awesome. Had the IS500 been available, I'd be driving that. At $40 thou it is a bargin, so do your shopping.

Exterior - interior styling, sterio, nav, blutooth, very quite ride.

More power, a little more tuned exhaust note. Faster shifts using the paddle shifters.

Best Buy
By Brian

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2007 Trailblazer LT for this car. I love my trailblazer but the thing had so many problems from the brake lights going out to the check engine light coming on so when i saw one of my school teachers driving a Rl and i asked what kind of car it was and when she told me that it was an Acura RL I had to have one. I cried when i traded my trailblazer but when i drove this car off the lot the tears stoped flowing. I plan on keeping this car forever now if my chevy trailblazer was as good as my HHR LT is but i now have a good car.

EVERYTHING

The only thing i do not like on my car is the color that was the only color they had on the lot my color is silver

Electrical Trouble
By Help!

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car for 1 day drove 200 miles and had to drive it back to the dealer. The dealer has had it for over 2 weeks straight. The headlights do not work properly. They come on during the day when they are not on and they go off at night when they are supposed to be on. The internal lighting also comes on and off as they please and is always blinking a warning light for the adaptive lighting. The dealer has flown parts in but still cannot fix the cars lighting problem. Great car or atleast I thought so just can't drive it.

Navigation no doubt...

Get the electrical problems ironed out. Maybe too much high tech on the car.. Also bluetooth phone has a hard time recognizing the number "9" when spoken to.

great value
By wright

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car has been everything I expected and more. Great ride and the power is there when needed. I have been very impressed with the navigation system. Its easy to use and has already saved my wife and I time while tring to find places in cities we were not familiar with. The gas mileage has avg 23 in the city and 27.5 at 75 miles per hour on the freeway. XM radio Bravo!

Navigation system is great.

Low end torque could be better.