Used 2006 Acura RL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RL Sedan

View reviews for a specific RL model:

2006 Acura RL
By Dave in Mass

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Considered 3 and 5 Series BMW. 3 too small, 5 OK - both too expensive with the options I wanted. RL has them all. Acura nav system is exceptionally easy to use. Plenty of power from 6 cyl. All I need. Handling just excellent, SH-AWD is as advertised. Excellent. And, most of all, I really like the fact that I don't see myself coming and going every day. The RL is a fantastic automobile, built in Japan with all the features and handling I wanted.

Power, nav system, comfort, quietness (amazingly quiet), surround sound system, distinctiveness.

6 speed transmission, bit more room in trunk

Fun to Drive
By nobotako

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just fun to drive. Accelarate on the curve the you will know what I mean. Stability is outstanding. Powerful and smooth drive is really. Voice activated navigation, handsfree phone is excellent and on star satellite service is really first notch. Quiet inside but when put on gas pedal, racing Honda sound awakes. Braking is superb. Inside is roomy with enough leg room for rear seat. Voice activated temperature and audio controls are handy. Auto cruise control will keep the distance with the car in front of you, and the seat belt will rattle when you get too close to the front car. Nice safety feature.

SH-AWD. Flatless tire. Monitoring system, tire pressure, even loose gas cap. Navigation system is handy and easy to set. Voice command system will recognize even Janglish !! Keyless enter system is well thought with fool proof features.

Windshield wiper is a bit noisy when it is not so wet. Front bumper is a bit too low for my steep garage slope. Well this is not suggested improvement but my headache for daily use.

Better than ever
By n mckinley

I have owned 2 Accords and 3 Acuras, this being the third, and I have never owned an auto I thought so much of. My friends call it the "rocketship" or the James Bond car, because of all the technology. It makes me proud every time I look at it and drive it.

XM satellite radio, surround sound, 300hp, keyless entry - no more fumbling for the keys.

Perfect except for Drink Holders
By Chip Jones

I think this is the best Acura I have owned to date. The handling and braking are excellent. The ride is great and very comfortable. I am still getting use to the keyless system. The drink holders after all these years still are not in a position that make them useful. For them to be usable in my opinion it has to be able to be accessed by the driver without a concern of spilling or tipping. That is not possible in the RL. It is the only interior design flaw. It has been in all 5 Acura's I have owned. I hope I get an opportunity to buy one that has a good drinkholder before I stop buying them. Otherwise it is an excellent vehicle. I had found some aftermarket drinkholders that work no longer.

Nav system is great.

The only single issue I have with the design are the terrible cup holder locations. I have had Acura for my last 5 cars 14 years, and they just can't get the cup holder into a location that works. The location in front and below the armrest does not allow you to reach without looking.

Acura RL 2006
By ff100

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has all the gadgets one can imagine, very good quality of materials used.

Keyless entry, turning headlights, sound system, leather quality.

CD/DVD player could read and display the track information. Also the DVD-A could display still images on the disk.