Used 2006 Acura RL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:

Better than ever
By n mckinley

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 2 Accords and 3 Acuras, this being the third, and I have never owned an auto I thought so much of. My friends call it the "rocketship" or the James Bond car, because of all the technology. It makes me proud every time I look at it and drive it.

XM satellite radio, surround sound, 300hp, keyless entry - no more fumbling for the keys.

Perfect except for Drink Holders
By Chip Jones

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think this is the best Acura I have owned to date. The handling and braking are excellent. The ride is great and very comfortable. I am still getting use to the keyless system. The drink holders after all these years still are not in a position that make them useful. For them to be usable in my opinion it has to be able to be accessed by the driver without a concern of spilling or tipping. That is not possible in the RL. It is the only interior design flaw. It has been in all 5 Acura's I have owned. I hope I get an opportunity to buy one that has a good drinkholder before I stop buying them. Otherwise it is an excellent vehicle. I had found some aftermarket drinkholders that work no longer.

Nav system is great.

The only single issue I have with the design are the terrible cup holder locations. I have had Acura for my last 5 cars 14 years, and they just can't get the cup holder into a location that works. The location in front and below the armrest does not allow you to reach without looking.

Acura RL 2006
By ff100

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has all the gadgets one can imagine, very good quality of materials used.

Keyless entry, turning headlights, sound system, leather quality.

CD/DVD player could read and display the track information. Also the DVD-A could display still images on the disk.

Love the RL
By Art

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The RL is my second Acura. I bought a CL Type-S in 2001, and was very pleased with its performance, reliability and fun-to-drive factor. The RL is awesome. With 3500 miles, everything has worked as advertised. It's roomy, plenty of power, every gadget imaginable... great technology, and it all works.

Believe it or not, my favorite feature is the XM radio... not even an ACURA feature!!! Also like the navigation, Bluetooth phone, voice commands, and power everything, including rear sunshade.

More levels of front-passenger seat adjustments would be nice. The rear defroster doesn't warm up quickly or hot enough. There is a slight lag upon acceleration, a bit disappointing for a 50K car... overall performance, however, is strong.

Everything I wanted and more...
By cb

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the car I've always wanted, and finally, someone built it. It's the most fun car I've ever driven because it was so well designed. Every control is within my reach without stretching, voice recognition, although not perfect, is pretty close. My favorite part is the gas mileage. I just came back from a 150 mile trip, and got 31.6 mpg on the highway with the air conditioning on. I held to the speed limit (65 mph), and used cruise control. Long trips are a dream with the quiet cabin, smooth ride and excellent Bose stereo system. I've heard people say it looks like an Accord, but I disagree. Certainly not from the front. I like the styling and the total quality of the car.

Super-handling AWD, stereo, better than advertised gas mileage, navigation and traffic info, and especially the endless list of technology that makes the car so fun to drive.

None, really. I am totally satisfied, and I'm pretty picky.