2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Well Pleased
By TOM H. on 04/11/06 12:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car feels solid,handles like it's on rails The interior is as nice as my 2003 lexus gs300 (just sold) You get all the possible "toys" you could imagine This car offers a great value for the $$ I thought i would replace my lexus with the new gs300 but i was disappointed with the power It just didn't feel any more powerful then my 2003 gs300 Lexus missed the boat on this one I am very please so far & sinc i have owned acuras before i am sure my satisfaction will continue

New RL - Urban area
By RCook on 04/05/06 08:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car to drive, very responsive, navigation system is very cool, traffic moniter very useful. Not for the driver that is easily distracted or is uncomfortable with technology. AWD is very responsive and sure in wet weather

2006 Acura RL with Tech Package
By Marc G. on 04/03/06 14:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

OK, so we just bought the RL with the Tech pkg. Leasing was not an option since we were told that the Tech Package is too new to have a calculated residual. Anyway, the financing was sweet at 2.9% for 36 months. It’s only been four days, but soon enough to say this is sweet. We didn’t want a car with high *bling* so we opted for this over the Mercedes E, Infiniti M, or Cadillac. It ultimately came down to this RL, another MDX, or a Range Rover. The Rover was just a nicely appointed Ford truck. The MDX is undergoing re-design in 2007, and it was too big this time around. The RTL is just right – not flashy but humble and understated. Only you, the car, an another RL owner actually k

Great car
By hmseminole on 04/02/06 08:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car. I looked at the BMW 525 and the Lexus LS430, but with all the options the RL offers, you can not beat the value. The car is a rocket and the handling can not be touched by any other makes. Sound system is the best I have seen in any car. High tech in the car takes a little time to figure it all out, but once you do, you will love it. This is a fun sports car to drive.

Luxury car that isn't ostentatious
By Bobink on 03/15/06 21:20 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive a lot, so I treated myself to the RL. For a little less than I paid I could have gotten a comparably equipped 325, but not a 330. But this car is definitely in the 5-series, or E-class field and, comparably equipped, either one would have been $15,000 more than the price I paid for the RL. Plus, I genuinely liked the RL better. I also drove the M35 which in the sport version has a comfortable seat but a harsh ride, and in the non-sport version the seat was mushy soft and uncomfortable. My RL car is very satisfying to drive. Plenty of acceleration. Great headlights. Fantastic stereo. Intuitive electronics. The real-time taffic is useful. And I think it is gorgeous.

Happy owner of 2006 RL
By CWD on 03/15/06 12:57 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I picked the 2006 RL after driving Audis (1998 A4 2.8, 2002 A6 4.2) for the past 8 years. Performance is comparable to my A6 4.2 with better gas mileage. SH-AWD does offer superior handling compared to my A6 4.2. Car corners flatter with a quicker and more solid turn-in feel. Suspension is firm, but not harsh. This car is a real value in it's class. Loaded with features and technology for the price when compared to other 6-cyl. cars in it's class (A6 3.2, 530i, GS300, etc.). Interior design is very nice. I like it better than the new A6 and the GS. Exterior is sleek and clean. I hate what BMW did to the 5-series. Seats are very comfortable. Back seat big enough for adults.

The Zen Master
By Rich D. on 02/21/06 02:40 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned about every brand of car on the market and currently owning a 2004 BMW 545i, which was $15,000 more than the Acura, I have to say this is the best car I have ever owned. If you are looking for exceptional balance in design, ergonomics, luxury, comfort, performance and, oh yeah, if you care about the environment and global warming (300 hp engine that is ultra low emissions) there is no better choice on the market. Bimmer is faster, but Acura has plenty of power and kills the Bimmer in every other measure of performance. Awesome car, built in Japan - truly the Zen Master!

RL full of electrical gremlins
By NewRL on 02/16/06 14:19 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My RL has proven to be a myriad of gadget glitches. No doubt the RL is a quality constructed vehicle, however this does not extend to the electronic gizmos of Acura’s flagship. The voice recognition does not work properly; it is a cumbersome and time consuming system, frequented by voice interpretation errors. The 300hp VTEC is sluggish, and has a very annoying 2- 3 second mid-range acceleration lag. Dealer service says “they all do that.” It is sluggish and lacks torque. Self adjusting headlights cause some serious safety concerns. Acura missed the target here, and RL sales are showing it. Look to the Infinity M for a true sports-luxury car.

Almost Perfect
By RL man on 02/13/06 22:34 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura is a great car. The SH-AWD is a great addition and makes going fast around turns very easy. The car understeers too much unless truly pushed and if you want any performance over 109 MPH (3rd gear at rev-limiter) then look elsewhere. If the car was geared differently it would be much faster and would actually pull to the 134 MPH governor. Great gas mileage, beautiful interior, and very easy to use. Overall very happy with the car and as long as you do not need something incredibly fast this is a great car for you.

Lovethecar
By JiminSC on 01/31/06 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought our new Acura RL. Exhaustive research convinced us it had what we wanted: AWD, OnStar, HandsFree, VoiceActivated. So far, very pleased. Trunk a little cramped, otherwise beautifully designed interior, whisper quiet, great handling, solid, powerful, Nav is stunning, tech features awesome. Night lighting in dash and ambiance lighting are breathtaking. Picked this over TL, Lexus IS350, Toyota Avalon. Longtime Toyota owner. But, so far this is a great car. Keep you posted.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.