2006 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
06 with Tech Package Excels 05
By klister on 06/07/06 18:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently traded my 05 Acura RL for the 06 with Tech Package. What a great upgrade -- virtually all the bugs worked out and great new technology. Ride and handling seem to be improved with the stiffer, larger PAX tires. Little nits like a warning when lights left on auto and a warning when key leaves the car are fixed. No rattles and no squeaks so build quality seems solid. Navigation appears to be a release later with better graphics and more accuracy.

A Great Ride
By Broker on 05/27/06 23:25 PM (PDT)

This car has everything I need. Sure it only has a v-6 but the power delivery is smooth and the ride is solid.

Best value for the dollars
By Acura RL on 05/23/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A great value for the money. Technologically in par with German rivals. The real time traffic and the crispy LCD are in concert. The verbal commands & the Bluetooth functions are much more advanced than the 2004 TL that I own. Acura makes great cars; this is my third one in 7 years. SH- AWD makes the car hug the road regardless of the weather condition.

Awesome Car
By Don Dreher on 05/20/06 06:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent value...period! I've owned Acura for 15 years now and the new `06 RL will keep me coming back!

Great Car
By Robert on 05/19/06 20:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove the BMW 530 and Benz E320. The RL was far superior to both at much less price. The techno gadgets are amazing. I have had absolutely no problems with the car.

Rating of the the RL
By Nigel Crooks on 05/01/06 13:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car is well built and has a lot of wonderful features to offer. i like the cornering capability and high tech functions. i dislike the seat as it is hard to exit and enter from the vehicle. i hope acura change the for the next year model.

Sweet Ride
By Steve on 04/30/06 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just got this car after driving a TL for a few years, loved my TL. Love my RL even more. This car does almost everything. The handling is great, it is quick the stereo is awesome and it has all kinds of bells and whistles

Love it!
By ed on 04/21/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

I finally found the car I was looking for - initially the performance is great, the ride is smooth and wonderfully responsive, both on the highway and in the mountains; the controls are not as complicated as some indicate, the noise level is the best (lowest) of all the cars I tested, and the interior is exquisite. The car loves to be driven and the driver feels alive and excited. There is plenty of power and plenty of luxury - combined with a sense of sportiness, makes this a competitive combination almost unbeatable. Perhaps a more expensive Lexus might be a better choice, but after hours of homework and many, many test drives, I think I found the perfect combination for what I wanted.

Very Satisfied + More
By Jay Wolfe on 04/21/06 14:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from a 2005 TL. Checked most others in this category and the RL just offered too much for much less cost. The handling is very good and excellent on wet and snowy payment......Interior well thought out and exterior a "not in your face" classy design. Slow off the mark, but I keep my pink slips in the glove box at my age. Great acceleration when needed to pass or when getting on the highway. After 6,000 miles have average 23.4 MPG. Navi easy to use, bluetooth great, Audio screen really helpful and with a large screen to display ball scores, golf leaderboard and programming. You can see all the words and data lines, not just a few ie Infiniti.

Nice car, but not perfect.....
By braindrain on 04/16/06 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an Audi A8L for this. Had Mercedes, Audi, Saab, etc, and decided to shop wide due to insane pricing on german cars, lousy residuals on nice american car leases. Ended up between the RL and Infiniti M35. The RL most certainly has the most 'features' of anything in its class, although I'm not sure what class it is. Sold as a full size Honda in Japan, thats sort of what it is. Nice materials, but whacky electronics, including the dumb keyless ignition that has stranded me 5 times. Bad gas mileage too, my Durango does better. VERY loud tires too, gnaws on my eardrums on concrete highways. Acura had a good 42 month lease, that I now regret. A nice 24 month car, but no more......

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.