Used 2006 Acura RL 3.5 Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RL

View reviews for a specific RL model:

Everything I wanted and more...
By cb

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the car I've always wanted, and finally, someone built it. It's the most fun car I've ever driven because it was so well designed. Every control is within my reach without stretching, voice recognition, although not perfect, is pretty close. My favorite part is the gas mileage. I just came back from a 150 mile trip, and got 31.6 mpg on the highway with the air conditioning on. I held to the speed limit (65 mph), and used cruise control. Long trips are a dream with the quiet cabin, smooth ride and excellent Bose stereo system. I've heard people say it looks like an Accord, but I disagree. Certainly not from the front. I like the styling and the total quality of the car.

Super-handling AWD, stereo, better than advertised gas mileage, navigation and traffic info, and especially the endless list of technology that makes the car so fun to drive.

None, really. I am totally satisfied, and I'm pretty picky.

A BLAST TO DRIVE!!!
By JAMES FOEGE

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, a real blast to drive. Nav. system works great on finding location from ind. homes to special restrauants. Sound system is second to none. No service problems at this time (8,000).The all wheel drive works great in the mountains.

Sound system, Nav. system & voice Command are great features.

More side leg room for front seats.

Very Nice Car
By Dave H

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the non-tech car for $40,000 after using the Edmunds site to get quotes from 3 different states. Then took that quote to the local shop and got it for 40 flat. Very nice car, wish it had more pwr and ventilated seats. Sterio is killer. Nav is very good. Have just over 1,000 miles on it, so really do not know about reliability yet. I'm coming from 3 Lexus coupes into this car and that brand is awesome. Had the IS500 been available, I'd be driving that. At $40 thou it is a bargin, so do your shopping.

Exterior - interior styling, sterio, nav, blutooth, very quite ride.

More power, a little more tuned exhaust note. Faster shifts using the paddle shifters.

Electrical Trouble
By Help!

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car for 1 day drove 200 miles and had to drive it back to the dealer. The dealer has had it for over 2 weeks straight. The headlights do not work properly. They come on during the day when they are not on and they go off at night when they are supposed to be on. The internal lighting also comes on and off as they please and is always blinking a warning light for the adaptive lighting. The dealer has flown parts in but still cannot fix the cars lighting problem. Great car or atleast I thought so just can't drive it.

Navigation no doubt...

Get the electrical problems ironed out. Maybe too much high tech on the car.. Also bluetooth phone has a hard time recognizing the number "9" when spoken to.

great value
By wright

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car has been everything I expected and more. Great ride and the power is there when needed. I have been very impressed with the navigation system. Its easy to use and has already saved my wife and I time while tring to find places in cities we were not familiar with. The gas mileage has avg 23 in the city and 27.5 at 75 miles per hour on the freeway. XM radio Bravo!

Navigation system is great.

Low end torque could be better.