2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Exceeded My Expectations!
By Michael on 07/31/06 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned premium cars like Cadillac and most recently a Mercedes E320. The Acura by far is the BEST! It was between a BMW 5 series and the Acura won hands down.

Reddog's baby
By Lyman strong on 07/11/06 23:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

it is the prettiest car on the road, fun to drive,unbelievable in the corners and smooth ac celeration ,fine fit and finish and most of all is admired by those who see it.

Drive to the Midwest
By Nathaniel R. LeDoux on 07/08/06 22:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove roundtrip to Canton,MI and it performed flawlessly. The car average 26 mpg which was excellent for a car its size. The SH AWD was outstanding in the mountains of Colorado on I70. Driving the car produced minimum fatigue because it handles so well. My wife owns an E Class 430 that was bought new in 2000. When it was brand new, we drove the same trip and the problems were many as to relability. ACURA is a much better car than E Class 430.

A Complete Package
By jmp on 07/06/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very happy with the RL. Controls are sensibly placed. I'm tall but confortable (in the front). Very quiet ride, smooth shifting, good voice recognition and bluetooth. Keyless works good with adjusting mirrors and steering wheel. Its been a pleasure so far.

Smart Attitude
By MaƱuco on 06/25/06 11:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this is the type of car we get to appreciate for talented appeal and sturdy construction. It is authentically beautiful and acute in driving and looks, it is a looker no doubt, congrats on designers. This is a goody.

Very Good, Close to Great
By TGN on 06/25/06 07:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had two reqs. when looking for a car; AWD and reliability. The RL seemed to be the best of a few options (M35,A6,Passat,500,Benz). The RL is expensive, but is a reasonable value. I moved to the RL from an Avalon and miss the rear-seat/trunk room. Many comments about lack of low-end torque/need for V8; I disagree, the RL has acceptable power but lack of road noise and handling give the impression you are traveling slower than you actually are. Easy to be going 80 mph and not realize it. The RL controls are confusing. The RL feels 'heavy' (which it is) making the vehicle feel sluggish but solid. I fill the tank 75% to reduce veh weight which helps performance and MPG.

solid luxury
By kentd on 06/16/06 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

enjoy the tightness of build and sureness of handling. Bose stereo is the best ever. Easy for my wife to master and dealership is woman friendly, something just never seen!

Mike's Take
By pxmike on 06/15/06 18:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, no regrets. The technology embedded in the car is a bit intimidating, but once you figure it out, very cool. Having troubles with the Hands Free feature using the Palm 650. The dealership experience was exceptional. Kudos to Minh.

Excellent Auto
By MM on 06/15/06 17:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Mercedes, multiple Lexus's, Infinitis, and an earlier version of the RL (FWD) and this car is definitely the most fun to drive. The handling is unbelievable. The features are so extensive on the base model that it takes a while to learn them all, but it's worth it...especially the navigation system.

Very comfortable car.
By AcctProf on 06/08/06 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

You can tell it is a heavy car, but the 290hp V6 moves it along fairly well. It cruises effortlessly at 80. The Voice Recognition is the best of the ones I tried (Lexus & Infiniti). And, you can change or cancel destinations on the fly. The seats are very comfortable with plenty of leg room for me (5'11"). I love the XM radio. I keep it on most of the time. The car is very quiet. I guess that is a combination of the Active Noise Cancellation and the sound deadening materials. The Bose stereo sounds great. Around town my mileage is 15-16, but I have a lot of traffic lights. I drive a lot of back roads at 65-70 and consistenly get 28 mpg. I have about 1,500 miles on mine so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.