Used 2006 Acura RL 3.5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:

RL is a Class Act
By Dave in Mass

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is simply a fine, fine automobile. Wonderful ride, incredibly quiet, plenty of power when needed. Exceptional build quality. Went from a 2004 Acura TL to the RL and, contrary to what most "professional" reviewers say, that is a huge step up. The SH AWD is quite noticeable when rounding curves at speed. The car just wants to go where you point it - no hint of understeer. Nav & sound systems are excellent. There's another upside to the RL - you don't see yourself coming and going all the time.

Navigation, sound system, voice recognition, SH AWD, quietness, comfort, power, uniqueness on the road, interior quality and design. Best of all - price to value ratio, especially now that the '07s are coming without navigation.

None.

Needs more power
By Scott

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about a week. I love styling of the car, it has all of the amenities I would expect from a luxury car, but is generally lacking in performance. This car replaced a 2001 M5 (396hp) and was not anticipated to provide the same performance, but at 300hp, I had higher expectations. I believe the weight of the car materially decreases performance. In general it is quite comfortable and handles well, but needs a bit more power to round out the driving experience.

The integrated navigation/XM/Blue tooth system is very easy to use and makes navigation around DC a breeze. The interior is very classy, yet not overdone. This is a daily driver with style.

Needs more power. At existing weight, it is probably 50hp underpowered. A 6-spd automatic transmission may help this a bit, but the existing setup provides for slightly numb feeling acceleration. A little less weight or a little more power will go a long way in making it a hard car to compete with.

No Regrets
By tizer

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went back and forth between Lexus GS 350 and Infiniti M35. Then looked at the RL and after one drive realized it was better than both and the year end pricing was just the icing on the cake. The RL is a breath of fresh air compared to the Mercedes I drove for the last 5 years - no problems whatsoever with the Acura.

Keyless Entry and Start. Powerful and quiet engine. AWD handling, Great build quality, comfortable seats, stereo, navigation, backup camera.

Would like to dial out via from my cellphone as well as Voice Activation.

Great value
By gdevine

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent value. This car is so much fun to drive. Long trips seem short with the comfort and quality of the sound system. I drive slower or sometimes out of my way to relax in the vehicle.

Audio system, nav system, SH-AWD, voice recognition.

Active cruise control packaged by itself would have been a nice feature.

Great Retirement Car
By MARY BREAUX

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great for traveling. I retired in January 2006 & have taken several road trips this year. I usually get 28-30 mpg on the highway. I have had many positive comments on the interior design & sharp appearance of this vehicle. I previously owned 2 TLs before the RL. The TL is a great car too, but at this point in my life, I thought the RL is better suited for my needs. Overall, I love my car!

The navigation system, keyless ignition & XM satellite radio are by far my favorite features.

I think the front seats could be a little more cushy & designed a little better. It would be great for the rear seats to seat 3 people comfortably. There is a slight hump in the middle of the back seat. I have found a couple of mislabeled highways in the navigation system.