2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Great Car Overall
By Don in VA on 12/16/06 19:20 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth ride, great handling, beautiful interior and comes loaded with everything. Nav system is nice & easy to use. Interior is much nicer than my 530i, build quality is about same, but the paint finish is poor. Paint chips easily and is very thin vs BMWs. My wife has commented it's much easier to drive than her BMW. RL looks great from the front, but looks too much like a Honda Accord from side view. The Acura rides and handles like a luxury car and the AWD gives you an added sense of security on wet and snowy roads. RL is an excellent value if discounted.

2006 RL
By ff100 on 12/08/06 13:51 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

One year so far. I like most of the features, a lot of electronic gadgets ahead of competition.

My acura
By yol on 12/04/06 18:19 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car to drive,does require learning manual with dvd provided to learn extras. Not as easy as manual settings which is a downfall for more senior citizens. Runs very smooth and comfortable. Owned previous 3.5RL. Loved it and hated to part with my 2000 model. Trust the acura technology.

Top Notch Value
By R. Tintinger on 11/29/06 08:13 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Acura back in July of 06. If I am shelling out $50,000 plus for an auto I do not want it stuck in the repair shop. This Acura met and exceeded my expectations in regards to handling, comfort, quality and according to a very popular consumers mag, reliability! To sum it up, this is the one of the best values for the money.

RL is a Class Act
By Dave in Mass on 11/29/06 06:02 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is simply a fine, fine automobile. Wonderful ride, incredibly quiet, plenty of power when needed. Exceptional build quality. Went from a 2004 Acura TL to the RL and, contrary to what most "professional" reviewers say, that is a huge step up. The SH AWD is quite noticeable when rounding curves at speed. The car just wants to go where you point it - no hint of understeer. Nav & sound systems are excellent. There's another upside to the RL - you don't see yourself coming and going all the time.

Needs more power
By Scott on 11/13/06 10:33 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about a week. I love styling of the car, it has all of the amenities I would expect from a luxury car, but is generally lacking in performance. This car replaced a 2001 M5 (396hp) and was not anticipated to provide the same performance, but at 300hp, I had higher expectations. I believe the weight of the car materially decreases performance. In general it is quite comfortable and handles well, but needs a bit more power to round out the driving experience.

No Regrets
By tizer on 11/11/06 18:42 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went back and forth between Lexus GS 350 and Infiniti M35. Then looked at the RL and after one drive realized it was better than both and the year end pricing was just the icing on the cake. The RL is a breath of fresh air compared to the Mercedes I drove for the last 5 years - no problems whatsoever with the Acura.

Great value
By gdevine on 11/06/06 22:39 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent value. This car is so much fun to drive. Long trips seem short with the comfort and quality of the sound system. I drive slower or sometimes out of my way to relax in the vehicle.

Great Retirement Car
By MARY BREAUX on 11/04/06 07:23 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great for traveling. I retired in January 2006 & have taken several road trips this year. I usually get 28-30 mpg on the highway. I have had many positive comments on the interior design & sharp appearance of this vehicle. I previously owned 2 TLs before the RL. The TL is a great car too, but at this point in my life, I thought the RL is better suited for my needs. Overall, I love my car!

'06 RL
By rjmevans on 10/29/06 05:25 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at this and several others (for over a year), I finally broke down and got one of the last '06s. I had an '01 CL and never had a problem. This is a good reference site and after readimg all of the reviews I bought the base model for $40K. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on the site.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.