Used 2006 Acura RL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:

Tons of toys
By Joe

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is so much fun! I would recommend this car to anyone. My car has 46k and still runs like new.

My fav's are the moving headlights and I dont need to use my key to unlock my door... all I need to do is have the key in my pocket and put my hand on the door handle and it unlocks!

Smoothness on the ride. Still doesn't compare to a Lexus or Mercedes.

Great car but too many rattles
By tony

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used with 6800 miles. Very comfortable, very quiet (with exception of some minor rattles) and decent gas mileage for AWD. I'm waiting for snow to see how well the SH-AWD performs.

Navigation, XM, seats are very comfortable (I'm 6'1").

Too many rattles. My battery was going out, took it to the dealership and they discovered an accessory (blu-tooth) was shutting down after the engine was turned off (this has been common with the RL).

Love this car, but
By fred porter

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car July 2006, wife agrees with me that it is the nicest, most luxurious and fun car we ever owned. Just a total pleasure to drive. Power, comfort, sound system: everything is great BUT: we are on the third battery in 2 years, left us stranded twice. Dealer can find nothing wrong with the electrical system, very frustrating-- waiting for the next time we get stuck.

Nav system, smooth powerful ride, XM radio, comfortable seats, big trunks.

Electrical system glitches, driver side cup holder, better interior noise reduction, better mileage.

Luxury & Technology + Every Detail
By NETSECSVC

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Acura RL has everything I always wanted from a car and much more. This is a car that exceeds expectations in many ways! They really included every detail imaginable to make the car safe, fun, powerful, comfortable and beautiful. It's not too flashy, and from a distance one might mistake it for an average car, but nothing could be further from the truth. Up close the sleek and stylish design make you take notice, but inside is where things get really interesting. The 2006 model doesn't have cooled seats or an iPod connector. Aside from that, if you can think of a feature it probably comes standard.

290 hp with SH-AWD! Voice activated: A/C, AM/FM/XM, phone, navigation. Rear view backup camera. Bose 10 speaker sound system with subwoofer. Keyless ignition, memory driver seat, and mirror settings. HID headlights that turn. Leather and wood interior with rear shade LEDs in interior

Get rid of startup warning on nav screen! Add a couple more inches of legroom in the back. Add iPod/USB and seat cooler. Add more coin sized slots, and a sunglass holder. Simplify radio and A/C controls.

2006 Acura RL
By steve

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love my new Acura RL. Have gone over 30000 miles now with no problems at all. Comfort is second to none. I put a K&N air filter in right away and only run synthetic oil with lucas oil stabilizer. I average 23 mpg around town and get 28mpg highway.

DVD navigation - easy to use, great display screen. Rear sun shade comes up with a touch of a button. The sound system is like no other with surround sound technology.

Gas mileage needs help for todays standards. The required premium gas also costs $$$. Doesn't need any other improvements.