2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Acura - Great Vehicle
By mjg1629 on 10/08/07 17:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great autormobile for driver, not so great for passengers. Front passenger seat should be 6 way to go up and down, not just forward and back. Back seat area is small for long trip for two guests. For driver a perfect car,best I've ever owned and I've had them all.

Love my RL
By ssirl on 03/02/07 20:29 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had my Opulent Blue Pearl RL for 6 months & have just over 12,000 miles on it. No problems. This is my 4th Honda product. It replaced a Lexus GS 400. The RL has the best integration of tech on the market. Bluetooth, nav voice recognition all blow the comp away. Esp the nav that you can use while driving instead of just in park like the Lexus. The SHAWD is great I live in the south & did not think I needed it ut it works great. Car is a great highway cruiser.

Excellent Value, Quality and Performance
By Michael on 02/25/07 16:05 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle, had a Mercedes E320 nice car not as many features. Same 2006 E320 as Acura 10k more. Acura is a great car.

2006 Acura RL
By phgacura1 on 01/14/07 11:14 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have been an Acura owner from the first day they went on sale in 1986, this is my fourth, still have my 1992 Legend. I am getting 20 to 22 mpg in daily driving, my 2002 TL type S was about 1 mpg better. If you overlook this car you are missing something very good.

Not a bad choice for the price
By hondabob on 12/31/06 05:52 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a leftover 2006 RL w/o tech in September. I got a car with stately design and that, once I added A-Spec suspension and 18" wheels, handles well in the twisties while maintaining excellent composure on local bumpy streets. The interior is nearly perfect except for small buttons. Luckily, voice activation works for all the common controls. I have owned Hondas previously and so am used to having to stomp on the gas to get adequate power and when you do, this car really does accelerate fast. In 50/50 city/highway mileage I am getting about 17.5 mpg, not so great especially when gas is so expensive. Overall, a good deal on a gorgeous ride!

My experiences
By herbeand on 12/25/06 13:46 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Performance is really good. Power, handling, ride quality, interior comfort are all good. Tire noise is a little high. The headlights that turn when cornering is just high tech for the sake of it, not really useful. The Navi system is really difficult to use and dangerous when driving alone. The voice activation is hit and miss, especially with a window open, sometimes works, other times does the wrong thing. The electrochromatic mirror is garbage, the old fashioned flip types for night mode work much better.

Great Car Overall
By Don in VA on 12/16/06 19:20 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth ride, great handling, beautiful interior and comes loaded with everything. Nav system is nice & easy to use. Interior is much nicer than my 530i, build quality is about same, but the paint finish is poor. Paint chips easily and is very thin vs BMWs. My wife has commented it's much easier to drive than her BMW. RL looks great from the front, but looks too much like a Honda Accord from side view. The Acura rides and handles like a luxury car and the AWD gives you an added sense of security on wet and snowy roads. RL is an excellent value if discounted.

2006 RL
By ff100 on 12/08/06 13:51 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

One year so far. I like most of the features, a lot of electronic gadgets ahead of competition.

My acura
By yol on 12/04/06 18:19 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car to drive,does require learning manual with dvd provided to learn extras. Not as easy as manual settings which is a downfall for more senior citizens. Runs very smooth and comfortable. Owned previous 3.5RL. Loved it and hated to part with my 2000 model. Trust the acura technology.

Top Notch Value
By R. Tintinger on 11/29/06 08:13 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Acura back in July of 06. If I am shelling out $50,000 plus for an auto I do not want it stuck in the repair shop. This Acura met and exceeded my expectations in regards to handling, comfort, quality and according to a very popular consumers mag, reliability! To sum it up, this is the one of the best values for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.