2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Best-kept secret among luxury sedans
By dwboston on 01/24/08 10:13 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hands down the best handling car I've ever driven. SH-AWD completely transforms the drviving experience and benefits both inclement and regular weather driving. Build quality and materials are top-notch and the amount of technology in the car for the price is incredible.

Acura - Great Vehicle
By mjg1629 on 10/08/07 17:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great autormobile for driver, not so great for passengers. Front passenger seat should be 6 way to go up and down, not just forward and back. Back seat area is small for long trip for two guests. For driver a perfect car,best I've ever owned and I've had them all.

Love my RL
By ssirl on 03/02/07 20:29 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had my Opulent Blue Pearl RL for 6 months & have just over 12,000 miles on it. No problems. This is my 4th Honda product. It replaced a Lexus GS 400. The RL has the best integration of tech on the market. Bluetooth, nav voice recognition all blow the comp away. Esp the nav that you can use while driving instead of just in park like the Lexus. The SHAWD is great I live in the south & did not think I needed it ut it works great. Car is a great highway cruiser.

Excellent Value, Quality and Performance
By Michael on 02/25/07 16:05 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle, had a Mercedes E320 nice car not as many features. Same 2006 E320 as Acura 10k more. Acura is a great car.

2006 Acura RL
By phgacura1 on 01/14/07 11:14 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have been an Acura owner from the first day they went on sale in 1986, this is my fourth, still have my 1992 Legend. I am getting 20 to 22 mpg in daily driving, my 2002 TL type S was about 1 mpg better. If you overlook this car you are missing something very good.

RL After 9 Months
By Lee on 01/13/07 17:22 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

No problems after 11,500 miles and only regular service so far (second at 15,000 miles or so). Easy and fun to drive, very comfortable and quiet.

My favorite car, unfortunately totaled
By Jim on 01/11/07 18:51 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive, unfortunately I totaled it last week. Got hit head-on by a large SUV. Car did its job well, I got a broken foot but I'm lucky to be alive. I already ordered another one. The five star crash ratings are well deserved.

Nice step up from the TL
By acurat on 01/10/07 21:53 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really agonized over the decision to trade up from my 2004 TL - I loved the technology, styling, acceleration and fuel economy. The "killer app" on the RL was navigation with real-time traffic. The first time I drove the RL it felt "floaty" to me. Now that I've driven it for a month, it feels serene. Interior amenities are much nicer than the TL - I don't ache anymore after an hour and a half on the road. The sound system ROCKS and technology is nicely integrated. The real-time navi saves some time, though mainly it gives a sense of mastery over the environment. Handling is secure, especially in the curves. Gas mileage is so-so, around 20. I love that there are no options.

Not a bad choice for the price
By hondabob on 12/31/06 05:52 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a leftover 2006 RL w/o tech in September. I got a car with stately design and that, once I added A-Spec suspension and 18" wheels, handles well in the twisties while maintaining excellent composure on local bumpy streets. The interior is nearly perfect except for small buttons. Luckily, voice activation works for all the common controls. I have owned Hondas previously and so am used to having to stomp on the gas to get adequate power and when you do, this car really does accelerate fast. In 50/50 city/highway mileage I am getting about 17.5 mpg, not so great especially when gas is so expensive. Overall, a good deal on a gorgeous ride!

My experiences
By herbeand on 12/25/06 13:46 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Performance is really good. Power, handling, ride quality, interior comfort are all good. Tire noise is a little high. The headlights that turn when cornering is just high tech for the sake of it, not really useful. The Navi system is really difficult to use and dangerous when driving alone. The voice activation is hit and miss, especially with a window open, sometimes works, other times does the wrong thing. The electrochromatic mirror is garbage, the old fashioned flip types for night mode work much better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.