Used 2006 Acura RL 3.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Rl - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RL Sedan

View reviews for a specific RL model:

My "new" used RL
By Ruppster

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a car guy. Have owned three beemers, four Mercedes, a couple of 3rd generation RX-7s, etc. I am now a dad with two youngsters and decided to go "practical" and buy a responsible used car. After much research settled on a very, very clean 2006 RL. While it does not have the marquee value of my last to Mercedes, it's a pretty darn nice car and one heck of a value. Paid about 20K for a car that listed for 50K new and still has very few signs of wear and tear. Interior features are just great. Voice recognition isn't perfect but everything else is spot on. You really feel coddled in the cockpit. Stereo is best I've experienced, materials are top notch.

Favorite Features

Stereo, interior in general. Overall build quality. I hate to say it but it seems better than all four of the mercedes and the two beemers I owned. This car, especially used, is one terrific bang for the buck.

Suggested Improvements

A little more get up and go would be helpful. Styling is just okay; too bad for a car this nice.

Plain, every-day car
By Marcin

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car wanting to buy Infiniti M but was annoyed by the dealership and harsh ride of the Infiniti. Overall, good car and good buy, however, not as comfortable and refined as I expected. Suspension is mediocre and outside looks, well.... not that great for many. The value of this car is in its sophisticated technology features, all wheel drive, engine and the interior. I think I could buy the RL again but Acura needs to improve its looks and image as compared to BMW, Audi or even Infiniti.

Favorite Features

SH-AWD, stereo, interior, navigation

Suggested Improvements

Quality is not as great as you would think; paint is very delicate and all small scratches can be quickly seen; front seats not very comfortable on long trips unless you pump-up lumbar support, small room in the back seat, problems with interior lights- the illumination of central panel goes off.

It's got everything you can ask for...
By song

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car that everyone can appreciate because it's got everything standard which includes SH-AWD, DVD-audio 5.1 surround sound, navigation, smart key, and on an on... I get around 19 mpg on city, that's pretty decent for a car that almost weights 4000 pounds. As far as the exterior goes, I would describe it "inoffensive", it's a good looking car but not spectacular. Interior is among the best in class, I don't think there are other cars that can match acura's interior style and quality (maybe a Lexus or Audi).

Favorite Features

My fav. is DVD-audio surround sound system, smart key, blue ambient light at night, and pretty much the whole interior.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat could use more space, exterior styling could improve... 09 RL is kinda hideous, so Acura please do not screw up the next generation RL and RDX!

Tons of toys
By Joe

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is so much fun! I would recommend this car to anyone. My car has 46k and still runs like new.

Favorite Features

My fav's are the moving headlights and I dont need to use my key to unlock my door... all I need to do is have the key in my pocket and put my hand on the door handle and it unlocks!

Suggested Improvements

Smoothness on the ride. Still doesn't compare to a Lexus or Mercedes.

Great car but too many rattles
By tony

2006 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used with 6800 miles. Very comfortable, very quiet (with exception of some minor rattles) and decent gas mileage for AWD. I'm waiting for snow to see how well the SH-AWD performs.

Favorite Features

Navigation, XM, seats are very comfortable (I'm 6'1").

Suggested Improvements

Too many rattles. My battery was going out, took it to the dealership and they discovered an accessory (blu-tooth) was shutting down after the engine was turned off (this has been common with the RL).