2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
My "new" used RL
By Ruppster on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a car guy. Have owned three beemers, four Mercedes, a couple of 3rd generation RX-7s, etc. I am now a dad with two youngsters and decided to go "practical" and buy a responsible used car. After much research settled on a very, very clean 2006 RL. While it does not have the marquee value of my last to Mercedes, it's a pretty darn nice car and one heck of a value. Paid about 20K for a car that listed for 50K new and still has very few signs of wear and tear. Interior features are just great. Voice recognition isn't perfect but everything else is spot on. You really feel coddled in the cockpit. Stereo is best I've experienced, materials are top notch.

Plain, every-day car
By Marcin on 08/09/09 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car wanting to buy Infiniti M but was annoyed by the dealership and harsh ride of the Infiniti. Overall, good car and good buy, however, not as comfortable and refined as I expected. Suspension is mediocre and outside looks, well.... not that great for many. The value of this car is in its sophisticated technology features, all wheel drive, engine and the interior. I think I could buy the RL again but Acura needs to improve its looks and image as compared to BMW, Audi or even Infiniti.

It's got everything you can ask for...
By song on 06/27/09 23:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car that everyone can appreciate because it's got everything standard which includes SH-AWD, DVD-audio 5.1 surround sound, navigation, smart key, and on an on... I get around 19 mpg on city, that's pretty decent for a car that almost weights 4000 pounds. As far as the exterior goes, I would describe it "inoffensive", it's a good looking car but not spectacular. Interior is among the best in class, I don't think there are other cars that can match acura's interior style and quality (maybe a Lexus or Audi).

Tons of toys
By Joe on 04/30/09 19:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is so much fun! I would recommend this car to anyone. My car has 46k and still runs like new.

Great car but too many rattles
By tony on 12/11/08 14:20 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used with 6800 miles. Very comfortable, very quiet (with exception of some minor rattles) and decent gas mileage for AWD. I'm waiting for snow to see how well the SH-AWD performs.

Love this car, but
By fred porter on 09/17/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car July 2006, wife agrees with me that it is the nicest, most luxurious and fun car we ever owned. Just a total pleasure to drive. Power, comfort, sound system: everything is great BUT: we are on the third battery in 2 years, left us stranded twice. Dealer can find nothing wrong with the electrical system, very frustrating-- waiting for the next time we get stuck.

Luxury & Technology + Every Detail
By NETSECSVC on 09/16/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Acura RL has everything I always wanted from a car and much more. This is a car that exceeds expectations in many ways! They really included every detail imaginable to make the car safe, fun, powerful, comfortable and beautiful. It's not too flashy, and from a distance one might mistake it for an average car, but nothing could be further from the truth. Up close the sleek and stylish design make you take notice, but inside is where things get really interesting. The 2006 model doesn't have cooled seats or an iPod connector. Aside from that, if you can think of a feature it probably comes standard.

2006 Acura RL
By steve on 07/17/08 05:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love my new Acura RL. Have gone over 30000 miles now with no problems at all. Comfort is second to none. I put a K&N air filter in right away and only run synthetic oil with lucas oil stabilizer. I average 23 mpg around town and get 28mpg highway.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By IP35 on 06/10/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura RL is a fantastic, luxurious practical performance sedan. I've ownwed BMWs, Saabs, and various other domestic and Japanese brands over the years. The Acura RL is, hands down, the best. The only trips to the dealer have been for oil changes and routine service -- absolutely problem free driving. Fuel mileage is outstanding for this class of vehicle -- I get 26-27 mpg on interstate trips while cruising well north of 70 mph. It's a fun car to drive thanks to the SH-AWD, and it's quiet, comfortable and luxurious.

Not Quite as Good as I Expected
By stonehenge on 05/03/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While the Acura RL handles extremely well and is generally a solidly built vehicle, I am disappointed by the amount of interior rattles. I traded out of a VW Passat that had no squeaks and rattles into the RL and the unwanted noises are most annoying. The quietness of the cabin just serves to amplify the interior squeaks and rattles. I would not buy another for the price of the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.