170 K miles and still running great
By ejet on
2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have put 170K+ miles on my 05 RL so I can confidently say I know this car. Still looks new and draws attention. Front tie rods replaced twice, once under warranty. Two sets of brakes and on third set of tires. Front head light adjusting warning light has been on for the last 100K, can't be turned off and I am not paying to replace the head lights. A few minor electrical problems but that has been it. I runs like new. I have driven 12 hours staight, great seats, quite, comfortable and reliable. Not good in snow even with AWD. Buy four Blizzak snows if you drive in the white stuff. Dealership service has been A+. The BEST GPS system made on earth. Waiting for the 2011. Best car ever.
Favorite Features
Five years old and still one the best looking cars on the road. But the best feature is the GPS. Easy to program on the fly, accurate 99% of the time. I also have a 2009 Mercedes and their GPS is a joke compared to Acura's. Good dealership, always a free loaner car, work always done right.
Suggested Improvements
Xenon headlights tend to flicker until they are warmed up. Back seat is small. After 170,000 miles thats all have to complain about. I have to buy a new car soon, let's see if the 2011 can outdo itself.