2005 Acura RL 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great car but needs more

2005 Acura RL - Consumer Review

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car but needs more quality control
By Fritz on

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The SH-AWD is very fun to use around turns, but I doubt most people will ever push this car hard enough to experience it. When you go into turns you really just have to push it and let the computers take over which is a bit unnerving at first, but you can really feel it pivot as the car overdrives the outside wheels. The dash is controls are very easy to use and pretty intuitive and I love that everything can be done through the Navigation screen which is large, easy to read and sits high in the dashboard. My biggest complaint with this car are the rattles and creaks. That is a deal breaker for me, but fortunately it doesn't bother my wife who drives it.

Favorite Features

The AWD system and how it affects handling, the paddle shifters, the easy to use dashboard controls, big Navigation screen high in the dashboard, the fact that the car tracks all reqr'd maintenance, handles pretty decent for a luxury car, the gas mileage and the sound system

Suggested Improvements

The creaks and rattles which are in the rear deck, dash and b-pillar. It is prevalent enough the Acura dealership has a fixes for it. The slow shift response to the paddles, Acura customer service. The buttons on steering wheel have this weird surface wear. The suspension is a tad soft.