2005 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (236 reviews )
It is what it is.
By sharkcar on 10/07/05 00:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have read some reviews about a lack of performance, acceleration in particular. I come out of the sports car group of guys but I bought this for highway use and in town business use. It's a great sedan, not a great sports car. I was bolting through town tonight at about 65mph and the thing was surrealisticaly quiet. Beautiful, really good handling, tight, deliberate, but quiet. I like it. I bought the black. It's beautiful. The onboard system, if you like that kind of thing, and thats an important question, the systems are by far the best ever. When you get it new, just work out one system at a time or you will be overwhelmed. Today I put up the last one, the phone system. You gotta like it.

Great Car, Great Deal
By Kupe15 on 10/06/05 22:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just got Black RL w/Tan interior. Got a great deal. Upgraded to wood trim steering wheel, shifter knob, 18in wheels and spoiler. Looks great, handles perfectly and is so fun to drive. Can't beat this car for value and performance.

2006 Acura RL review
By Tom Browne on 10/06/05 12:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Many postives about the RL....ride, handling, looks, sound system. Would like to see quieter tires put on the car so that road noise would not come through as much.

Acura RL
By kgd_007 on 10/05/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned 92 Legend and a 2000 RL previously. This new RL is a great car. The interior is amazing, I love the wood and the leather. The exterior- the front could have been better, the rear is great. The 18" chome wheels made a huge difference as did the rear deck spoiler. One of the best stock audio systems I have heard, no need for an iPod connection as it will play MP3 CD-R's (about 120 songs per disk) and they sound great. Navi voice commands work great, the traffic is sometimes not accurate, but I am sure will get better. The command knob for the Navi, audio and climate is much improved over the pointer and touch screen. Rear window sun shades are great. Handling with the AWD is awesome.

Lester's choice
By Lester Gruda on 10/05/05 05:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Of all the cars in this class, by far the best available options available come standard. If you can forego sleek design, the RL is by far the best car available.

Best price/performer I've ever driven
By Bobthetomato on 10/01/05 14:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at every equivalent Mercedes, BMW, and Audi before deciding on the RL. While each model had it's pluses and minuses, the combination of price, features, and prior experience with the reliability of the RL made it an unbeatable combination. As with the first year of any new model, I certainly was in the break-in phase for much of the electronics. Lots of little glitches with OnStar, Navigation, and XM Radio, but they were all minor annoyances. The performance and handling of the SH4WD is just unbelievable, especially given you're technically driving a near- luxury sedan. Finally, this last winter was a tough one, and there were times when I got stuck in my 4WD F250, but not my RL

Best in its class
By james on 09/28/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Amazing! I have driven and owned the German competitors and nothing gives you the bang for your buck like this machine.

The best of two worlds
By Murry Cohen on 09/27/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is just the best all around vehicle from Acura yet . For its class which is the largest luxury size yet, it gives excellent mileage for this class as compaired to other ex. Mercedes Benz. Workmanship is top of the line, horsepower is 300 hp without sacrificing mileage. It's what one would call in the old days a sleeper that blows the competition away!

Acura RL
By Theresa on 09/21/05 15:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Acura RL is the absolute best automobile I have ever owned Previously Cadillac's)- it handles superbly (rain or shine)- looks/design fantastic - evaluation would honestly by 10 + + - headlights, suspension, interior, exterior - roominess - all excellent

My First Acura
By MG on 09/21/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is a fun car to drive - very responsive steering and suspension. The Bose stereo system is excellent - the quality of sound phenominal and it equalizes the outside noise so all you hear is the music - very unique. Good visibility from the drivers seat all around the car. The seats are very comfortable with automatic controls for an excellent ride. The telescoping steering wheel is easily adjusted for comfort. At night the lighting in the car provides very good visibility to all controls. An added feature includes little blue lights that provide visibility for the door handles and foot area so your not fumbling for things. The adaptive headlights are responsive and brightly shine.