2005 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (236 reviews )
Excellent Value; Give it a shot
By snrub1 on 11/08/05 16:19 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having test driven the competition, I feel the RL stands up to all comers. The car rides very well, is packed with features (the stereo is incredible) and, though lacking a bit in the excitement department, the car does everything very well. Dollar for dollar, the RL was by far the best value in the class. Thus far we are delighted by our purchase of the RL. Give the RL a shot if looking for a luxury sedan.

Best Value
By CGPRL on 11/07/05 19:59 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove most of the competition from MB, BMW and Lexus. I think the RL is the best value and best overall performer in its class. It may not have the best handling and road feel, nor the most horsepower or torque, but I feel it is close to being the best in all categories. I didn't find a perfect car in my test drive (with a budget of under $60,000) and the RL is as close as it gets.

Unique Luxury Sleeper
By Bruce Bolen on 11/02/05 18:22 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned five Mercedes, four BMW, two Saab. Acura RL is the best of the bunch because it has has modern, timeless styling that grows on you with time. The interior is totally modern and a pleasing, comfortable, friendly environment. Performance is more than adequate and 28 mpg at 80 mph on the highway is good for a 300 hp 4x4 luxury sedan. What I like most is you have something modern, enduring and unique with long term durability, and you don't see yourself coming and going in upscale locations. Mercedes has too many models and is no longer unique; and their quality is sagging. BMW is too flashy and yuppie and has durability problems. GM has ruined Saab and it may never recover.

I Love my Acura RL
By HenryTD on 10/25/05 17:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my RL. I test drove the competitors and I bought the Acura because I loved the interior, the technology, and the SH-AWD system. I've had it for 3 weeks now, and it hasn't disappointed me in any respect. The technology all works, and the car handles great. For my money, a far better value than any of the others I test drove.

By Lovin on 10/14/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would rank this car in line with the Audi A6. It has absolutely everything you would ever want on a vehicle...the ultimate in luxury.

My RL
By grimie09 on 10/13/05 13:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving most of the others in this group, the test drive of the RL was all it took to buy. Experiencing the combination of handling, killer sound system, build quality, technology & solidness was over the top. The car is fun.

Best Car for the Money
By Emile Riendeau on 10/11/05 19:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Thsi is an excellent vehicle in every respect. It is loaded with electronics that make driving more enjoyable. All the standard features make this one of the best values in this class. Excellent all around performance and cabin comfort. Ideal on the highway and back roads. All wheel drive ahead of its time.

best car i've ever owned
By Marc on 10/11/05 14:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Undoubtably the best car I have ever owned, and I've been through quite a few. Great combination of performance and comfort. Recently drove 525 miles with one brief stop. Made great time and avergaed 27 mpg. Was not the least bit tired when I got home. I give the credit to the RL - driving is not work in this car. Technology is awesome. Navigation system has been on the mark 100% of the time. Have 10000 miles without a glich. Last car, 2003 Volvo XC70, had 3 visits to dealer by now. Trunk a bit small and kids (3) wish for a little more width in back seat. Highly recommend it.

05 Acura RL
By Richard N. on 10/11/05 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the fourth Acura I have owned and each time I get a new one, every three years, I am thrilled with it. However, the new 05 RL has so many improvements that I do not know where to begin. The best feature with the biggest difference that I have found is the ALL - WHEEL drive; very necessary if you live in the New England area. Not having all wheel drive would have been my only reason for looking at another brand of automobile. I get approximately 19 to 20 miles per gallon average with the 300 hp engine. No need to look at another vehicle.

Amazing Acura
By acura fan on 10/09/05 22:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has everything from the keyless entry, 4 auto windows, no keys needed to start, amazing interior and exterior, voice command, and bluetooth. Fresno Acura is a very good dealership to buy from no hassle, very knowledgeable and a lot of nice incentives to buy there.