2005 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (236 reviews )
luxory car forless
By Gus on 01/03/06 23:27 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drives great, Hard to make this car get out of track. I enjoy it, sporty, and sleek.

Truly A Drivers Car
By carlover on 12/18/05 23:25 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow what an amazing car. This car has got everything and I mean everything from SH-AWD the only AWD that transfer torque from the front and the back and also right and left. From the sun sensors when you have your AC they sense where the sun is to make everyone equal temperature even when the suns beating down. Two sunshades one on each rear window and one power one on the rear that when you have the sunshade up and you pop it into reverse it lowers. From keyless entry to the voice activated DVD and when you want fast food you click the button and say "Nearest Fast Food" and it brings up the nearest fast food place to where you are. Very comfortable seats and very quiet inside. BEST CAR EVER

A Japanese BMW
By Philip on 11/30/05 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Acura has built a fine automobile with all the "bells and whistles", but unfortunately my car was delivered without the latest updates resulting in three dead batteries. Additionally, the upper information display is not visible in bright sunlight so a better design should be made so that feature can be useful.

Well Worth the Money
By houston05rl on 11/27/05 21:12 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked seriously at Lexus and Mercedes and Infiniti. For the money there was no comparison. Very reliable, all the high tech items work (BlueTooth, XM, Navigation, Voice Commands, etc. Gas Mileage better than I had anticipated, 28 mpg at 75-80 mph. The ride and interior are first class with much more room than the E Class MB and Lexus GS. So far I have had no problems with the car. I had the Ground Effects added to the car and it greatly enhances its looks and gives it a much sportier stance. The only issues that I do have are: The trunk is too small and poorly shaped; the auto on/off feature on the headlights rings a chime when you turn off the ignition and exit the car.

The Best Car I have ever owned!
By Special K on 11/24/05 12:36 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The new Acura RL is the best car I have owned in every facet of your imagination. It is a Lxy Sdn when you want it too be and with in a moments notice, it is a Spts Sdn on demand. Cornering with this car is phenomenal, I feels as though it corners even better with your foot heavily down on the accel peddle. This one of kind SH-AWD (Super handling AWD) sys gives you confidence that you can never imagine with out actually driving the RL. I have taken in on road trips and was very impressed with the 28 mpg I got on the hwy cruising along at 80 mph. The sound sys makes you think that you are actually in a music hall but in reality you are in your RL. The ease of use the bluetooth cntrl.....

2005 Acura RL
By Melvin DenWiddie on 11/22/05 10:08 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is just amazing!! The super handling is great and features like the keyless access, hands free use of the navigational system and cell phone are the greatest. The ride is extremely comfortable and cabin is very quite which allows complete enjoyment of the sound system.

Treat, no Tricks
By bydand on 11/17/05 10:52 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took delivery of Redondo Red Pearl RL on Halloween and have been in heaven for my commute ever since. Rock solid ride, quiet luxurious interior, PLENTY of power (looking forward to getting past initial break-in) and fantastic handling for such a heavy car. Nits being picked in some reviews should be taken as just that, everybody has an opinion. I'm sure that after a few months I won't know how I survived without Navi & Voice Command in the past; neat to find restaurants, ATMs, etc. Sound system is worthy of a large room; 5.1 Surround Sound Audio disc free with purchase is a feast for the ears. Co-workers and neighbors all want to know what it is.

Very nice car
By Doug in NYC on 11/15/05 22:36 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car. However, prior to accepting it, please ensure that the dealer handles all service bulletins, because otherwise several things may not work as well as you wish. Definitely sit in the driver's seat and try to get comfortable. I was never able to get completely comfortable, but close enough to be happy. After 1,000 miles, I'm still happy.

Great Acura
By Bill Gimby on 11/13/05 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Last 3 cars, 2 MBs and a G35; the Acura tops them all. Drove all the competition and found the Acura the most solid on the road. Absolutely no problems for the Acura in first 7000 miles, delivers fair city mileage and excellent highway mileage, driving an even 70 on interstate have achieved 30 MPG but more often about 27 to 28.

My Silver Bullet
By Deborah on 11/12/05 13:12 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving my RL for the last two months and I am very pleased with the vehicle. As the owner of a 2002 TL Type-S, I find the difference in the two cars to be everything I expected it to be. While I enjoy the sporty ride I get from my TL, when I get into the RL I can still appreciate sporty but I get a hugh dose of luxury. The comfort of the interior is beyond what you would expect from a car that on the surface appears so sporty. The handling is also excellent. Very quick and responsive.