2005 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (236 reviews )
time has told
By ewelker on 03/09/06 15:41 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car last summer and traded our 2001 E class because of the continuing Mercedes dying battery problem when the car was left unattended. We have always had Mercedes, Audis and BMW and hoped the reliability factor would be better with Acura/Honda...it is. The only issue was with the tire balance and Acura replaced the tires! Service has been wonderful and the car is far better in every way than the Mercedes. The Mercedes mileage was a little better, about one MPG, but we average 21 overall and 26 to 28 highway so it isn't bad and, of course, best of all, the reliabiliy factor after six months is great.

2 months
By almost new on 03/03/06 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle with about 2000 miles on it. Apparently the person who owned it before me could not master its array of controls and turned it in early. I find the controls very intuitive and love everything about this car except the shifts which seem leisurely. Handling is great, acceleration is smooth and more than adequate, and the climate control system is quite effective. This car offers much more than a comparably priced BMW which I test drove.

Bob's Review
By bob on 03/03/06 09:00 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, have done a couple of trips to Fla from Il and no issues. Used nav all the way and do so frequently. Zero problems with the car and abot 22-25 mpg depending on my habits. Will buy another.

Very Happy
By GL on 02/27/06 12:34 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car a year ago -- very pleased. Sound system is simply amazing. Front seats are comfortable and controls easy to reach. Smooth, solid ride. I'm not a car enthusiast, but love driving this car. Traffic integrated into nav system is nice and I've used the nav system more than I ever expected to. On the downside, keyless remote is not great for women (who don't always have pockets and have to find somplace to put it) and it is VERY easy not to turn the ignition off completely, resulting in a dead battery. Ride could be quieter at high speeds.

05 Acura RL
By al on 02/12/06 19:10 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

car handles very well, gps and bluetooth are cool features, compared infinity, e class mercedes before buying and for the money they could not compare with all you get included in the rl.

'05 RL is my pride and joy
By Nancy McKinley on 01/28/06 21:05 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Every time I get in this car I think about how much I love it. The sound system, satellite radio, and interactive command system are great, and not having to dig for a key every time I get in the car is really nice. I have had 2 other Acuras and a Honda, and I have no complaints. But this RL is the best!

An all in one package
By Kim on 01/18/06 01:27 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All the features you'd want at an affordable price. This car has overexceeded my expectancies with the technology of today. I was in the market for an Infiniti G35 but fell in love with the RL as soon as I sat in it. Very impressive!

Acura RL 2005 Model
By John Owings on 01/17/06 16:23 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 05 RL is a fine automobile. The main complaint I have is on the transmission. The car does not downshift when slowing down to corner. As a result, the car will shudder at low speeds until you begin to accelerate and the transmission and the engine finally get back in sync. I have taken the car back to the dealer several times for the problem, they have installed the new software patch to solve the problem. But it does not work any better. I have called Acura's national service organization and had them review it and they say it is working per "specifications". It was a nice way to say they have blown it on the spec.

absolutely love this car
By els on 01/08/06 06:45 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

extremely well handling and fun to drive car---super GPS. No problems thus far but still bought the 100,000 mile warranty---would hate to think something would go wrong with this complicated system after the regular warr. expires. Get 18MPG combined city/highway---but worth it.

Best of the best
By Black05RL on 01/06/06 13:50 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has lived up to my expectations, and I am happy with my choice after narrrowing down to RL, A6 and 530i. Ride quality, interior features and quality and overall drivability are tops.