2005 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (236 reviews )
Acura RL - Best of the Best
By Mjustice on 12/25/06 19:30 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome car, I love it. The RL is fast, luxurious, roomy. It's the best purchase for me and my family.

Excellent Car
By Houston 05 RL on 11/06/06 20:06 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent car. Very well designed with all the features you need or want. Even better all the technology works and is easy to use. This is vastly different than so many of the other cars in its class. The BMW and Mercedes NAV Systems are hard to use and inferior, the Lexus GS has no back seat or trunk space, and the AWD puts all of them in the shade. It is a quality car for the real world, not a special use vehicle that can only be used part time for some things. The only thing I would add would be some additional torque since the AWD will allow it to be used effectively.

Bob's Car
By bobb on 10/31/06 07:54 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After much research and thinking between Toyota and Acura plus several test drives I decided on the Acura. I must say I am very happy. I have taken several trips from Chicago to Florida with no issues. I have navigation and it is a help and comfort. I once got lost in Milwaukee and the navigation system got me right out of trouble. I highly recommend this automobile.

Acura RL Luxury Bargain
By Sandra on 09/14/06 10:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 Acura RL is state-of-the-art with a superior navigation system, live traffic alerts, and terrific voice command design. All of my luxuries come standard. The ride is terrific and wow does it ever take corner well. I have owned Mercedes, Lexus, and BMW in the past - I am now a permanent convert to the Acura RL. Best buy for the money, and, sexiest car I have ever owned. If you want luxury and performance at a bargain price get an RL!

My Golden Chariot
By Marjorie Nave on 09/13/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 82 years of age and I am the one who furnished rides to all my friends day and night. I appreciate the headlight turning feature. I am a golfer and often take three friends on out of town trips so appreciate the size of the trunk. Also the sun screens in the back area are great.

Good Value? Yes. Great Car? Hmmmmm...
By Beltway Bandit on 08/23/06 09:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a BMW 7-series and Benz S class owner. Also had Escalade previously. The RL looked unique in design and the interiro was impressive at first. Factory refuses to address design flaw...exhaust stains the rear fender and no response provided. Stereo system about the best I've ever heard in a car...first-class. Like the 6- cylinder performance and road mileage. Tends to rumble in low gear early in the day. Dealer hasn't fixed yet. Lots of interiro rattle from rear window shade. Dealer has not fixed. With MSRP arounds 50 or a little less, a good value. But I don't know I would get another.

The AcuraTaxiCab
By Captain Truth on 08/02/06 10:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just keep 5 words in mind..HONDA ACCORD WITH BIG PRICETAG - thats what it is. I've given this vehicle about a year. Initial quality seemed okay. Since then it's a horror show. Rattles, squeeks, noises from windows, dashboard, back panels, seatbelts ...everywhere.. make it sound like a NYC taxi. I heard this before buying but didn't believe it. Now I do. Customer care is NON EXISTANT. Dealer is clueless and can't fix anything, even after bringing in new service mgr...car not fixed when returned, not ready when promised, etc. etc. Headquarters also seems unconcearned and is not responsive. Overall a major waste of money and miserable ownership experience compared to my prev. 2 Lincolns.

Awesome Car!
By stingerbtry on 07/31/06 15:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the RL after looking at the GS and the M as well but found that I liked everything about the RL way more and for the price it couldn't be touched by the others. I am very happy with all aspects of the car and impressed with the performance from a 6cyl luxury car.

Best Car Yet at age 65; well, really 66
By Jerome Ney on 07/13/06 17:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 3 Mercedes; 1 BMW; 1 Audi and this is the best. I enjoy the performance and great features. I also enjoy the top quality without drawing as much attention as one does with the higher profile cars above.

Undervalued
By rhorne1 on 06/29/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this brand for 6 years with excellent reliability. I rate this vehilcle fully capaple of holding it's own. The RL adds style and the right package of "standard equipment" that meets your needs. The power from the high perf. V6 is awesome with respectable MPG. Clearly undervalued in my book. Enjoy yours!